★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ON SALE FOR TODAY ONLY!

Check out our YouTube Channel (www.youtube.com/vparticle) for new stuff and reviews!

GAME DESCRIPTION:
vParticle+ is a futuristic labyrinth physics-based puzzle game! You are given control of a swarm of particles and are tasked with leading them to safety using the accelerometer!

Along the way your efforts will be hindered by many different traps and obstacles! (Moving Blocks, Touch Sensitive Blocks, Acid, Vents, Slow Elements...)

If you like futuristic labyrinth games, then this is the game for you! We have added an INSANE amount of content to keep you entertained for a LONG TIME! :p

SUPPORTS iPAD 2x!
GAME CENTER SUPPORT!
FULL RETINA DISPLAY SUPPORT! IT LOOKS AWESOME!
RUNS FLAWLESSLY ON ALL DEVICES! (1G,2G,3G,4G)

FEATURES:
- Updated over 25 times!
- Awesome Custom-Built Physics Engine!
- Full Retina Display Support!
- Game Center Support!
- Incredible Neon Graphics!
- Accelerometer based controls!
- Multiple Game Elements: Fixed Blocks and Triangles, Moving Blocks, Touch Sensitive Blocks, Acid, Fixed Vents, Moving Vents, Invisible Blocks and Triangles, Disappearing Blocks and Triangles, Slow Elements, Special Particles, Checkpoints!
- 225 Different and Amazing Levels!
- 5 Level Types!
- Enjoy playing your favorite music while guiding 50 particles!
- Collect 800 Special Particles to unlock 40 Sandbox Levels!
- Unlimited Themes With Our Awesome Theme Customization Editor!
- Random Theme Generation at every Restart!
- 3 Custom Theme Slots!
- Particle Customization!
- PreLevel Auto Calibration, Sensitivity Option, Sandbox Particle Option!
- Beat the Developer Time!
- iOS Fast-Switching Supported!
- 60 FPS on all AppStore devices!

PREVIOUS UPDATES:

v2.2.9
+ Improved icon! (I think this is the icon we have been looking for ;) Sorry for the frequent changes)

v2.2.8
+ Added an INSANE amount of polish to the Main Screen and the icon! Hope you like it!

v2.2.7
+ Added 20 New Levels! Bringing the total number of levels up to 220! :D (10 Easy + 10 Special)
- Fixed some bugs

v2.2.6
- Fixed 3.* compatibility bug (thx to Dan for reporting this bug :))

v2.2.5
+ Enabled Retina 2x on iPad! (iOS 4.2 and above)
+ Improved Instructions Menu! (if you are a new player, please go through them again!)
+ Only your best level score will now be saved (big thx to GamingEntertainerZ for reporting this bug ;))
+ Changed level type order (from Easiest to Hardest)
+ Easy Levels are now selected by default

v2.2.4
+ Added Game Center Support! (Leaderboards)
+ Added 5 New Particle Colors! (Purple, Silver, Lime, Teal, Aqua)
- minor tweaks

v2.2.3
+ Improved icon again! (sorry for the frequent icon changes, we are trying to make the best icon possible!)
+ Random Restart is now enabled by default (randomizes your current theme after a level restart!)
- Fixed some bugs

v2.2.2
- Fixed rating bug

v2.2.1
+ Redesigned and improved all existing Special Levels!

v2.2.0
+ Added 40 New Special Levels! (25 particles + Checkpoints)
- Fixed rare particle graphics glitch

v2.1.9
- Fixed Retina Support on iOS 4.0, 4.1
- Fixed some bugs in Easy Levels 10, 22

*** If you've got an iPhone 4/iPod Touch 4G, you can increase the Sandbox particle count to 400, as the device can handle it! ***

v2.1.8
+ Added Full Retina Display Support (it looks amazing! :D)
+ Added New Awesome icon!
- Fixed Multitasking glitch/bug

v2.1.7
+ Added New icon!
+ Added "Tell a Friend" button!
- Reduced volume on some sound effects when using headphones
- Fixed a bug with background music and iPod music

v2.1.6
+ Added cool background music!

goiMot's comments:

FREE version:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/vparticle/id337460430?mt=8
03-10-2010, 12:11 PM
You know what?

I love this game.

What I don't love is the continuing trend of developers releasing a game, then turning it into a free version a few months (4 in this case) later and releasing a new "full" version.

But... if you didn't buy vParticle/VernX you should consider trying the lite version and snagging the full for only $2 - the original release was priced as high as $5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!

03-10-2010, 01:57 PM
Ugh. I already bought vParticle, and now that's considered a lite version? It's a fun game, but I'm not shelling out even more for it. That was just a dick move.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Ugh. I already bought vParticle, and now that's considered a lite version? It's a fun game, but I'm not shelling out even more for it. That was just a dick move.
Totally agree. Not only will I not buy this again... but I'm taking it off my iPhone cause every time I look at the icon I get annoyed.

↪ GameCenter : Igoo
03-10-2010, 06:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Agree completely.

Though it makes me wonder whether we'd have the same reaction if the dev called this Vparticle 2? And didn't go out of his way to rub our noses in it?

But a very strange move all round.
03-10-2010, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Though it makes me wonder whether we'd have the same reaction if the dev called this Vparticle 2? And didn't go out of his way to rub our noses in it?
If it was vParticle 2 and it had all new levels, I'd snap it up, as I said before, I really enjoyed the original.

Quote:
But a very strange move all round.
Seems that there have been a number of app changes recently:

iDropDead -> iDropDeadFE - had to because Apple changed the rules regarding ragdoll games. Made the new version free for a day, let people here know about it. Original is still in the app store, free.

Vector Tanks -> Vector Tanks (Classic) - Publisher change. New app free for 1 week, let us know about it here. Original removed from app store

Prarie Chute -> Prarie Chute: Hilarious Fun - Another publisher change, original removed from app store.

VernX/vParticle -> vParticle Plus - you know about this one.

Valet Hero -> Original made free, released a Pro version.

Zlider & Zlider Xtended - both versions still exist, one has DLC one does not. (included)

F.A.S.T. - Went free + DLC, gave original purchasers the multiplayer DLC and a bonus plane. Anyone who bought the game and didn't go online with it got hosed out of that though.

ngmoco - went free + adds for many previously paid apps, new apps are "fremium"

Big Fun Racing - at one point split off an add-supported full version of the game as Big Fun Racing FREE, but that seems to have dissapeared from the app store.

And that's just from memory

Quote:
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-10-2010, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
If it was vParticle 2 and it had all new levels, I'd snap it up, as I said before, I really enjoyed the original.
Oh, ok, I misunderstood then. Assumed this already had extra levels and/or upgrades of some sort.

In that case, yes, horrible move.

But wait, then what makes this different from our now downgraded to lite versions?
03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Quote:
But wait, then what makes this different from our now downgraded to lite versions?
From the iTunes description:

"vParticle Plus is the full version of vParticle. Only this version will be updated with new content."

Quote:
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-10-2010, 08:50 PM
Quote:

"vParticle Plus is the full version of vParticle. Only this version will be updated with new content."
They can shove their new content. I won't be buying anything they make just in case crap like this happens again.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-10-2010, 09:26 PM
Quote:

Ok, was afraid that was it. Thought perhaps I missed something. Unbelievable. Basically he is saying, if you want updates pay more.