★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: John Ployhar
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 23.6 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Karnak Attack is a full 3d first person shooter featuring ragdoll mummies and huge boss characters!

Choose between multiple weapons as you venture to find all the gold and find King Tuts head to get to the next level.

Be careful though because you will need the super weapon to defeat the final enemy.

Player has 5 lives to complete 3 massive levels, with more to come!

For fans of zombie mummys and shooter action games.

Feel the terror of fighting through hordes of the undead while trying to collect treasure and get the most points.
Play if you dare!

"Its nice to see a new first person shooter on the app store instead of another 2d scroller", says AfterGlow Studios.

Devilishly Good's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Neat, has anyone played this yet??

-The Infinity Project-A Highly Rated FPS for iPhone & iPod Touch by Crazy Robot Games-
Also Check out the Amazing Necromancer Rising!!!

03-10-2010, 08:09 PM
insta-buy for me when it drops to 0.99$!
03-10-2010, 09:00 PM
This game looks sick. Someone's gotta TOFTT.
03-10-2010, 09:03 PM
This game has quite a ring to it... "KARNACKATACK!!"

Looks interesting, any first takes?

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
03-10-2010, 09:18 PM
Video looked rough around the edges, but good enough to take a chance at two bucks. Impressions incoming.
03-10-2010, 09:19 PM
Will purchase after someones impressions unless they are bad.
03-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Video looked rough around the edges, but good enough to take a chance at two bucks. Impressions incoming.
Thanks yet again Gabrien

03-10-2010, 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
Thanks Gabrien. By the way, I agree with you on How You Train Your Dragon.
03-10-2010, 10:11 PM
Ok. Played about 15 mins of the first level so far.

The Good:

Framerate is smooth. Movement is swift. Levels appear to be large and wide open. Default control works well. The game is definitely fun to play.

The Bad:

It's default controls or bust. Also no customization of any kind. No look sensitivity, no button placement, nada. Default control is very similar to most fps games. Left stick to move. Button to shoot. Swipe anywhere else to look. As I said, it works and works well but if it's not your cup of tea you're out of luck. You cannot "look" while shooting with the same thumb. You either shoot with your gun locked in position while moving with the left stick, or can look while shooting instead of moving. I didn't find this to be a problem myself, but others may.

The Ugly:

The game does not appear to save. AT ALL. It doesn't save on exit, and There did not appear to be any way to even bring up a menu in-game. Once you're in, it's the home button to get out. Unless I missed something. But I swear I tried pressing everything on the screen that looked remotely like it may bring up a menu.

I am not sure whether this us an oversight, or whether you are expected to finish the game in one sitting. If it's the latter I would imagine the game must be short.

Look, I know it probably sounds like overall this game is hard to recommend. But the fact is, it was quite fun. And I am looking forward to going back to play it some more right now.

It's one of those "shallow but fun" games to begin with. There are only three levels. I don't expect the game to last long. Somehow, I don't particularly care.

Last edited by Gabrien; 03-10-2010 at 10:13 PM.