★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge [Special Edition]

03-10-2010, 11:52 PM
Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge [Special Edition]

This was just announced today at GDC 2010!...

Official website: http://www.lucasarts.com/games/monkeyisland2/

There is no mention of the game coming to the iPhone/ iPod on the official site yet. However, LucasArts has already confirmed on their twitter page that an idevice port is in the works.

http://twitter.com/lucasartsgames

Quote:
Which platforms is Lechuck's Revenge being released on? PSN, XBLA, Mac, iPhone, PC.
The game will have "new" and "classic" modes just like the original did. However, the new voice dialogue will be present in the classic graphics mode this time around. Which was something that I really wanted in the first game.

Sounds great, I really loved the first Monkey Island on my iPod Touch. This will be a definite purchase for me.
03-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Sweet! This is AWESOME!

Sketch Nation - Create Your Own Game!
Works on iOS, Android, Mac and PC!
Just go to http://sketchnationapp.com/

03-11-2010, 06:27 AM
Awesome! Just what I wanted to see! Second best game in the series (Curse of Monkey Island was the best) and way better than The Secrret of Monkey Island.
03-11-2010, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somerandomdude View Post
Awesome! Just what I wanted to see! Second best game in the series (Curse of Monkey Island was the best) and way better than The Secrret of Monkey Island.
Hmmm...can't quite agree with these sentiments. But LeChuck's Revenge was a great nonetheless.

Developer of Petri. Available now on the iTunes Store.

These days I work with Tonchidot on Sekai Camera.
03-11-2010, 07:09 AM
In my opinion the first two parts of Monkey Island are the best ones - don't want to decide which one's better. Curse of Monkey Island, the third part, isn't quite as good in my opinion, but still far ahead of most point & click games not developed by LucasArts. I really liked it, too. Unfortunately I only played the Mac demo of part IV, but I wasn't so impressed by that one.
Now I could download the new five episodes by Telltale on my Wii, but I'd rather buy them for my Mac someday.
03-11-2010, 07:42 AM
I hope it learns a thing or two about controls and interface from Broken Sword.

Four most influential games: Papi Jump, iDracula, Fieldrunners, Flight Control.
03-11-2010, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capone View Post
Now I could download the new five episodes by Telltale on my Wii, but I'd rather buy them for my Mac someday.
Well then good news, because Telltale already announced that all their games will be coming to Mac soon... Also Lucas Arts already listed that Monkey island 1 and 2 Special Editions will be coming to Mac as well.I'm guessing they will be available through the Mac version of Steam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_k View Post
I haven't played Broken Sword, but the "touch pad" styled controls in MI:SE worked fine for me. It would be nice though if they did have an alternate control scheme like in Steel Sky, though.

But LucasArts really seems to be listening to the fan input they received from the first game for the sequel. So who knows...
03-11-2010, 06:11 PM
I am sooo happy about this news. The first, while a little flawed, was still fantastic. Can't wait for Full Throttle though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_k View Post
Quote:
In addition to the expected improvements, the special edition of Le Chuck's Revenge will also feature direct character control and an improved alternate control scheme on the iPhone. Optional object highlighting will help direct players to the items they can interact with, while an art viewer will offer them a chance to see some classic pieces of art from the original game as well as new pieces created specifically for the special edition. Most interestingly, the new game will also include a developer commentary.
from here:

http://wireless.ign.com/articles/107/1076615p1.html
03-12-2010, 03:03 AM
Great, great news! Can't wait. I loved Secret of Monkey Island and I am very happy that I could discover these fabulous series of games thanks to my iPod.
I preferred the controls to those of Beneath a Steal Sky, BTW - I only hope that they quit trying to make the cursor "context-sensitive", which in effect meant that it would often try to wrongly override my choices.

Favorites: Puzzle Quest, The Quest, Sway, Glyder, Reign of Swords, Flight of the Amazon Queen

Last edited by Isilel; 03-12-2010 at 04:36 AM.
03-12-2010, 04:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capone View Post
The game is already available on the Mac - http://www.telltalegames.com/macgames