★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: What a "Lite" day!

02-05-2009, 11:35 PM
What a "Lite" day!

Apart from "Rolando Lite" (I know), we just get:

BlackOut Lite: Lights Off Game
Monospace Lite
Sorcerer LITE (retro-rpg reminds me of Wizardry)

also for udpated,

iSniper Lite
Auto Mangle Lite
02-05-2009, 11:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
I think it's worth some sort of ce'lite'bration?

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89

02-05-2009, 11:52 PM
After iShoot rocketing to fame because of its Lite version, its understandable that everyone is trying it out too.
It just kinda puts a wet towel on things when Apple next release a press statement saying "Now over 20,000 apps in the app store!!!" when almost half of them are Lite versions..... (with 20% on useless 'entertainment' apps and another 15% on books that scroll, books that read, books that read and scroll, and books that do nothing)
02-05-2009, 11:58 PM
Send a message via MSN to D.Sync Send a message via Yahoo to D.Sync
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiphone View Post
After iShoot rocketing to fame because of its Lite version, its understandable that everyone is trying it out too.
It just kinda puts a wet towel on things when Apple next release a press statement saying "Now over 20,000 apps in the app store!!!" when almost half of them are Lite versions..... (with 20% on useless 'entertainment' apps and another 15% on books that scroll, books that read, books that read and scroll, and books that do nothing)
In my personal view Apple shouldn't approve those so called 'useless' apps. They keep on flushing out at AppStore like a swarm of locusts. They should follows the guidelines while approving apps.

Updates from Casual Gamer

Plus+ ID: dsync89 (active in all We Rule, We Farm and We City)
OpenFeint ID: dsync89
02-06-2009, 01:03 AM
Don't forget Bounce On Lite!! We are moving up the ranks fast, almost in top 10... very exiting for us!

We had a lite version planned since we released world 1, we wanted to get world 2 out fast to make people happy... there were plenty of lite versions out before iShoot.

Last edited by jonaswills; 02-06-2009 at 01:05 AM.
02-06-2009, 01:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaswills View Post
Don't forget Bounce On Lite!! We are moving up the ranks fast, almost in top 10... very exiting for us!

We had a lite version planned since we released world 1, we wanted to get world 2 out fast to make people happy... there were plenty of lite versions out before iShoot.
Interesting.. I saw the video on your site and has shades of Super Mario World and Sonic. Looks well polished with the parallax scrolling, but I'm curious how many other transformations are there?
02-06-2009, 01:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkiphone View Post
Interesting.. I saw the video on your site and has shades of Super Mario World and Sonic. Looks well polished with the parallax scrolling, but I'm curious how many other transformations are there?
Why not try out the lite version? :-D
02-06-2009, 02:17 AM
I am talking about a surge in Lite version of titles as of today. Thanks for the additions.

Speaking of which, I don't know but I also see a lot of useless apps, or nonsense apps around. Non-interactive map of public transport, I am very amazed how they manage to charge people money when the public can always get online for "free". The same goes to "public domain" book, mostly classical text. May be they give you a nice UI but I am happy with Stanza.
02-06-2009, 02:25 AM