★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pinball Dreaming : Pinball Dreams - ISSUE

02-06-2009, 12:50 AM
Pinball Dreaming : Pinball Dreams - ISSUE

Hello,

Wonderfull game, but ... for the second time I have bonus "Lock Ball" ... and when I launch the ball, the ball freezes just after launch. No other solution than shaking the phone and tilting the game (and losing bonus points).

Anyone else having troubles ?
02-06-2009, 04:36 AM
There are few glitches about...

I am playing on iPod Touch 2G and here is the list of things I noticed:

- quitting the game sometimes gives me black screen
- random tilts!?
- as per above post

Hopefully patch will come soon

02-06-2009, 07:24 AM
just to give additional info : I have an iphone 3g 16go with firmware 2.2.0
02-23-2009, 06:14 AM
Would it be corrected before releasing the next Pinball ?
02-23-2009, 07:55 AM
I quit playing this game cause of the ocasional lag. It's not worth playing, if at any moment the ball will stutter and I'll miss it

I really like this game otherwise, but won't play it till they fix that.

I've been away for awhile, but I'm back.
02-23-2009, 08:19 AM
Lags occur in most games due to the iPhone being a multitasking device and doing something else ind the background. Safari and Mails for example load webpages or mails in the background. Just force quit Safari to free some RAM and enable airplane mode to disable most of the background stuff.

This of course works for all games and apps...

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
02-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Pinball Dreams > ball freezes during "Lock Ball"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden Dwarf View Post
Hello,

Wonderfull game, but ... for the second time I have bonus "Lock Ball" ... and when I launch the ball, the ball freezes just after launch. No other solution than shaking the phone and tilting the game (and losing bonus points).

Anyone else having troubles ?

I have the SAME issue..everytime I get to that point,
the ball freezes right after launch, requiring a "tilt" to exit...
02-27-2009, 07:59 AM
Ok, I played a lot now, and I know how to unfreeze the ball. Just switch between portrait and landscape (move your iPhone without tilting). As soon as the mode change, the ball will be unlocked. However, even if this allow us to continue playing, this has to be corrected.

Another thing to point to is the tilt. On my old Amiga, with experience, it was quite easy to rescue a ball falling down beside the table. While shaking the iPhone is nearly impossible for me to do. Developers can include an option with a virtual key to press to tilt instead of shaking. More, this could avoid "random tilts".

If someone has contact with developers, it could be a good idea to communicate them those problems/requests

Best score to Nightmare table : 68133937 !
02-28-2009, 05:44 AM
Hi there!

We are aware of these bugs and they will be fixed in v1.1. However, as someone stated, for the lags we really can not do anything as far as we are aware - they happen because of the background processes iPhone itself is running. There are NO lags in iPhone Touch whatsoever.

And about the tilt feature, it is too sensitive in the moment and you can't
really rescue the ball like in Amiga - we know this too However adding a tilt button could prove very hard to do, ie. where to put it We'll give it a thought!

,,juuso // rodeo
03-16-2009, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekk View Post
Hi there!

We are aware of these bugs and they will be fixed in v1.1. However, as someone stated, for the lags we really can not do anything as far as we are aware - they happen because of the background processes iPhone itself is running. There are NO lags in iPhone Touch whatsoever.

And about the tilt feature, it is too sensitive in the moment and you can't
really rescue the ball like in Amiga - we know this too However adding a tilt button could prove very hard to do, ie. where to put it We'll give it a thought!

,,juuso // rodeo
v1.1 has been submitted to Apple and is in review!

,,j