★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: [Kerplinkus] delivers a fresh take on the formula that's simple and highly challenging in fact, it can be downright panic inspiring. It's a pretty frantic affair. -Blake of Touch Arcade

Kerplinkus promises retro take on match-based puzzle play... mixing the old with the new... [in] a distinctly old skool flavour. -Keith Andrews of Pocket Gamer

Is very, very addictive. Prying yourself away from the game proves very difficult. It has high replay potential and will offer many hours of entertainment.... This is a must-buy for casual puzzle game players. -Linda Ta of AppSafari

If you love playing casual puzzle games on your iPhone or iPod touch such as Bejewelled or Trism then [this] is definitely worth taking a look at.... If games like Pac Man, Space Invaders and Tetris still have a place in your heart then Kerplinkus could definitely find its way on to your homescreen. -Phil Wheeler of AppAdvice

This tile-matching game sets itself well apart from competing products, due to its hectic gameplay, muted art style, and classic SID-chip soundtrack.... It is actually very different from the normal mode of thinking.... A really nice effort by the crew at [Kranky Robot].
-AppGamers.com

Kerplinkus is a completely new take on the casual puzzle game. It's like spinning plates. You must focus on ALL 8 columns or 1 will grow out-of-control. No match 3. No movement restrictions. No special-blocks. Swap ANY 2 blocks anywhere, anytime. Just focus on removing blocks, not creating them.

Features:
-- Game Center.
-- Tweet your Best Score.
-- Retro Audio: Old school music and sound effects.
-- Retro Graphics: Color cycling and simple graphics to achieve that retro vibe.
-- iPod Music: Play your own music in the background.
-- Mute Audio: Kerplinkus(tm) respects the iPhones ring/silent switch.
-- Volume Control: Conveniently adjust the volume from the option menu or the pause screen.
03-11-2010, 09:01 PM
Thanks to TA I fell in love!
Fantastic little game! Just doing everything right while managing to bring something unique to the table. I'm hooked!

{ Permanently addicted to: 868-HACK }
I perform. Therefore I am. You should book me.
..::: METROCCOLIS :::..

03-11-2010, 09:32 PM

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
03-11-2010, 09:47 PM
This is really good. Like the mechanics, makes it so different from a match 3!

Also be sure to watch the demo and pay attention on how to tunnel, as it wiil save you when a column gets too high!
03-11-2010, 10:39 PM
What an unexpected gem... I caught this on AS yesterday, I think, and it lingered in my mind ever since. Just picked it up and got to say it's quite a refreshing, albeit challanging, change from many of the wannabe column games.

Too bad that I currently suck at it... still getting used to the new mechanics, but, I think I can remedy that over the weekend. A great game at a very nice price - surprised it was so cheap actually. It's hard to pull off a good retro-feeling game but this one does it in spades.

Thanks for this little surprise, Binary Square
03-11-2010, 10:53 PM
I absolutely love this game. The mechanics, retro graphics/music and overall presentation are perfect IMO. I think this one will be staying on my phone for quite a long time. I got the same feeling playing this for the first time as I did when I first picked-up Orbital. And I haven't deleted Orbital since it first debuted.

If you're a fan of puzzlers, retro-styled games or just a great and addictive challenge, I can't recommend this game enough!
03-12-2010, 05:52 AM
why does the trailer and the screenshots look different?

the screenshots are pixelated(ish) while the trailer is pretty bright and awesome.

...or this is just a setting you can change :P

deciding whether or not i should buy this...

light version please XXD

GC: INFINITE_GLIDER
03-12-2010, 06:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nejibana View Post

the screenshots are pixelated(ish) while the trailer is pretty bright and awesome.

light version please XXD
The screenshots are a closer representation of the graphics but its still a great little puzzler
03-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I really suck at this but I'm thoroughly enjoying the gameplay intensity and pixelly graphics.

[EPIC SIGNATURE] shumby [/EPIC SIGNATURE]
03-12-2010, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nejibana View Post

light version please XXD
I guess they hid the effect because it'd look terrible and glitchy at a lower resolution on the video.

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ