Ravensword: Shadowlands (Crescent Moon) coming Dec. 20th

08-30-2012, 05:33 AM
Joined: Jun 2012
Location: London, England
Posts: 835
Will this be available on iPad 1?? It seems less and less games and apps are becoming available on iPad one now like horn for example, I need to upgrade
08-30-2012, 07:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hfhd574 View Post
Don't you DARE ponder that possibility. They've invested too much money into this endeavor already. Theres no going back now. It's either finish the game or go into a deficit.
There have been crazier stories. Like when they made Half Life for Mac. It went all the way to gold master and got cancelled... http://www.macrumors.com/2010/12/20/...e-last-minute/ It's actually an interesting story.

That being said, OMG Ravensword 2 looks so amazing and I can't wait for it to NOT be cancelled.

08-30-2012, 07:43 AM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexsIpad View Post
Will this be available on iPad 1?? It seems less and less games and apps are becoming available on iPad one now like horn for example, I need to upgrade
If it isn't available for the itouch 4 (which is still being decided) then it won't be able to run at all on the iPad 1. My guess is that the requirements will be iPhone 4 and iPad 2 and up, excluding the iPod touch line unless it gets an upgrade.

Last edited by JBRUU; 08-30-2012 at 08:51 AM.
08-30-2012, 08:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
If it isn't available for the itouch 4 (which is still being decided) then it won't be able to run at all on the iPad 1. My guess is that the requirements will be iPhone 4 or iPad 2 and up, excluding the iPod touch line unless it gets an upgrade.
got it running decently on iPod Touch 4, except for certain areas like the first town (don't ask me how many towns we have please) so there is hope.
08-30-2012, 08:45 AM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshCM View Post
got it running decently on iPod Touch 4, except for certain areas like the first town (don't ask me how many towns we have please) so there is hope.
That's certainly good news. If you can get it to run on 256 mb devices then there's a huge install base. Just make sure it runs at a relatively stable framerate, otherwise you'll have some whiny iTunes reviews. Maybe for the town thin out the NPCs to the point where there are very few or just quest givers. Maybe also get rid of all foliage and baked on shadows. Try splitting the town in two with loading times for the lower end devices. And of course decrease draw distance. Just some suggestions, I'm no dev though

Since you're in the optimization stage I take it the game's progressing along nicely?

And how many towns do you have?

Last edited by JBRUU; 08-30-2012 at 08:50 AM.
08-30-2012, 11:30 AM
Is the game in the optimization stage already?
So I understand that the development is finished?
08-30-2012, 01:07 PM
we're optimizing as we go but we still have a lot of content to get in.
08-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Sounds great! add as much content as you like
08-30-2012, 02:14 PM
Any chance we'll be able to save to iCloud or some other way to save/restore saves online?

I've been burned in far too many games where my save profile became corrupt and I lost all my progress. Also would be great to pic up where I left off on another device...
08-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Joined: May 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 6,658
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rothgarr View Post
Any chance we'll be able to save to iCloud or some other way to save/restore saves online?

I've been burned in far too many games where my save profile became corrupt and I lost all my progress. Also would be great to pic up where I left off on another device...
Use ifile if you're jailbroken or iexplorer if you aren't.