Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Closed Thread

Old 03-15-2010, 09:54 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPhondTouch3G View Post
Hey, does Ravensword 2 have more OpenGL ES 2.0 optimization? On 3GS devices, the first Ravensword had better draw distance and a clearer look, but how about adding shadows or bump map texturing in this one? That would really be great! I would especially love the bump texturing, and shadows would just be an added bonus.
The only problem with that would be the 1st gen people complaining. . Man, this looks super awesome. Even more so you're a indie dev. Kinda like the folks who made Jet Car Stunts.

Last edited by steelfires; 03-15-2010 at 09:58 PM..
Old 03-15-2010, 10:17 PM

is it cool for me to drop some feedback/ideas for RS 2 here?
Old 03-15-2010, 10:30 PM

Sweet ravensword 2! I'll definatly be following this.

I hope this one is a much more open world, instead of a big path wich you follow. I wonder how there going to do this. Hoping to see actual classes this time, magic would be great. But Im really hoping for a open world environment such as the ones in morrowind/oblivion. My all time favorite games

Keep of the good work guys, so far models are looking amazing and really liking that last picture, I must agree it looks very Greece like, me being a Greek, I like it!
Old 03-15-2010, 11:05 PM

Default Ravensword 2 Music?

When you are looking for a composer, let me know and I would love to talk with you about the score! You can hear some of my music at: www.seanbeeson.com

I enjoyed the first game (although I lost my saved games due to having to wipe my iPod clean) and can't wait for the second to come out.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:42 PM

Animations are looking good, I love that Concept Environment Art... good work guys, this game is gonna be awesome, and if someone from Bethesda (my home town too ) is working on this like I heard then u know its gonna be the shit!
Old 03-16-2010, 12:14 AM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
It's just art sketches and standalone models. The question can it run looking liek that in a game engine with proper animation this time?
Agreed. The gameplay mechanics of Ravensword I and the inventory organization were atrocious. I honestly regret spending $7 on Ravensword I. Sorry. I really hope Ravensword II hits home with everything I expected and didn't receive from the first game.
Old 03-16-2010, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mdcosta911 View Post
Agreed. The gameplay mechanics of Ravensword I and the inventory organization were atrocious. I honestly regret spending $7 on Ravensword I. Sorry. I really hope Ravensword II hits home with everything I expected and didn't receive from the first game.
I'm curious: what did you expect from Ravensword that you didn't get (I mean, besides a tidy inventory system)?
Old 03-16-2010, 01:50 AM

Disclaimer: i haven't actually played RS; watched a few gameplay vids tho

context sensitive inputs in combat?:
-like when an enemy or opponent is in range or charges you an "engage" icon will appear
-when you tap this "engage" icon the game will automatically lock onto the enemy/enemies and pan/zoom camera to an ideal position for combat in the location/situation you are in
-when low on health it will have a potion pop up maybe
-a dodge pop up perhaps
-it should be in the same place as all the other context sensitive pop ups; like talk to NPCs, open treasure chests, pick up loot, go into shops ect

dynamic input schemes.........
-the control schemes change depending on how your hold your thumbs
-this is essential for a touch screen and instead of making a control scheme thats an all in one controller you can optimize it by creating multiple control schemes that can be sswitch back and forth to and from seamlessly by simply how you hold the phone

for example:
lets say for general navigation you use dual sticks;
-the one one the left handles movement
-the one on the right handles the camera rotate to pan
-tapping/ double tapping on the bottom right stick will attack
-this is the control scheme for when both thumbs on the sticks at the same time

now when holding your thumb on the right stick but you lift your thumb off the left stick the perspective and controls will completely change:
-it can go into first person for example
-you can tap anywhere on the screen (execpt for the left joystick) and drag your finger around to look around
-if enemies are in range just tap and hold on them to target them pull your bow and then lift thumb when shot is ready to fire the arrow
-returning thumb back to the left stick will go back to third person

now when holding your thumb on the virtual joystick but you lift your right thumb off of the screen
-you character could for instance start blocking right when you do this
-you can rotate around with the left VJ or wheel but you cant move (helpful for when you "have" to be facing and enemy to block their attacks)
-you can tap on an enemy to switch targets in this mode
-you can use slide gestures like; draw a line from top of the screen to the enemy to do a magic attack you can even draw the line then hold it over the enemy for a brief moment to charge the magic attack then lift to unleash
-you will also be able to switch from one magic attack to another like be able to toggle between 2
-if you have party members you can use this mode to switch back and forth from one party member to the next by tapping on them

and last but not least lift both thumbs off the screen:
-this is your inventory/item menu
-pauses the game?
-you can select and use items
-returning thumbs to the sticks will immediately hide the quick item use menu
-there may also need to be an item button top right idk maybe not....

how awesome would that be?

Last edited by cubytes; 03-16-2010 at 01:52 AM..
Old 03-16-2010, 02:37 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

why is asking to beta test against the rules??
Old 03-16-2010, 03:14 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy3000 View Post
I hope this one is a much more open world, instead of a big path wich you follow. I wonder how there going to do this. Hoping to see actual classes this time, magic would be great. But Im really hoping for a open world environment such as the ones in morrowind/oblivion. My all time favorite games
Outdoor cells? Don't count on it.

Closed Thread