★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: PLEASE READ BEFORE INSTALLING!!!!!!

OS 4.0+ USERS: The game will crash on OS4.0+, an update to fix this is imminent.

OS 3.0 to 3.2 works correctly.

Sprint Racers GP is a fast paced 2D racing game for the ipod touch and iphone.
Features:
- 4 tracks ( Tyro, Twisty, Slippery and Longway).
- Rookie, Pro and Ghost Races against upto 8 AI cars.
- Openfeint online leaderboards and achievements.
- OPENFEINT GHOST DATA DOWNLOADS! play against your friends best ghost race times or compete against the best global times. Choose a ghost race leaderboard in openfeint and select the film clip icon to start a ghost race.
- 100% playable no locked game content.
- Enhanced audio+graphics for 3rd Gen devices.

DRIVING TIPS:
-The best way to get the car around the track is to turn and then when you see the tyres smoke the car is sliding so let go of the directional button. The car will level off in the direction its facing. If you continue to hold the directional button it will spin out. Its a highly simplified physics model of a car to provide more depth than the "on rails around corners" type racers. Watch the ghost races of some the top racers on the leaderboards. It IS possible, Good luck!
- To get the fastest times the car should be made to maintain as much speed out of corners as possible. Try to find the line which requires the least amount of slide to minimise loss of speed.

ADVERTISING:
If you enjoy this game please take a moment to click through to our sponsors. Thanks.

Kid friendly ad settings:
- Gambling ads are filtered
- Personal ads are filtered
- Age appropriate ads

gametakeaway's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

03-12-2010, 07:44 AM
Send a message via MSN to tukun
i just tried the game n i have couple suggestions:

- control is not so smooth, especially when trying to steer the car
- need beter physic for when hit/ got hit by another car, not just stop, it disrupt the flow of the game.

03-12-2010, 08:12 AM
I like it, simple and reminds me of playing the amiga. The controls needs to be a little more accurate (responsive or more angles of turning allowed) but its good fun!
03-12-2010, 08:54 AM
Controls suck. I prefer Doodle Kart over it.

--
taptoplay.de

Plus+: Lakeshore / OpenFeint & Game Center: taptoplay.de
03-12-2010, 09:41 AM
Cute little game. Controls could be tweaked some but not a bad game.

More to it than I thought.
03-12-2010, 10:06 AM
Like everyone else, thought this game was decent, bit steering sucks - very inconsistent (sometimes moves too much, sometimes not enough). An analog steeering wheel might be a good/better option - in fact that would make it more similar to the original arcade game F1 Sprint (I think that's what it was called?) from the 80s.
03-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Thanks for the brutal but honest assessment of the controls. I think it's the quick steering which some of you aren't used to. It takes a couple of attempts but once you understand it needs a light touch on the corners it makes long powerslides easy.

I wanted it to be more "arcade-y" and not so hung up on realism. What I found with the traditional mechanic was the car would wash out in a skid through tight corners because players weren't considering or willing to let go of the accelerator button through corners when the AI car was flying ahead.

I can add a "standard" option which plays like micro machines etc but against the pro cars I suspect it would become too hard to win. I could slow them down, but then again it would feel tardy in terms of pace.

It's interesting though some players "get it" through a few corners, but some don't have the patience and just throw the car all over the place. Mostly from people used to the way "other" games do it. Its interesting to note the differences.

I'll add the traditional slower steering as an option to an update to see if it helps. I was so used to playing it that way it felt natural.

Thanks for the feedback.
03-12-2010, 10:55 AM
I see your point and I'm getting the hang of the controls more so than before.

Give it a chance with the controls first guys before posting. Its working for me.

Edit: Playing even more and finding I can really slide around and still be in control. I lightly tap the controls to maneuver the track. Not what I'm used to but works best with this game and isn't much of a learning curve, really.

Last edited by Coldar; 03-12-2010 at 11:09 AM.
03-12-2010, 11:02 AM
I also had issues with the controls when I tried this earlier. I somewhat suspected that they were "different" on purpose, still didn't get the hang of them. I'll try again later.
03-12-2010, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artfoundry View Post
.... in fact that would make it more similar to the original arcade game F1 Sprint (I think that's what it was called?) from the 80s.
Almost, Super Sprint was the original.

Look forward to giving this a try later.