★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Atc 4.0

02-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Atc 4.0

This is quite entertaining...been around for a while on different platforms. The graphics are simple, yet great. Has 49 levels..I'm at like level 4 or 5 and is already getting difficult..on a snow level right now

Check it out
http://appshopper.com/link/atc-40
02-06-2009, 11:35 AM
Yes, I saw this in the App Store yesterday and was interested. I remember playing some other Air Traffic Controller game back in the day, and I definitely enjoyed it since it stuck in my memory.

If I do take one for the team here, I will come back with impressions.
02-06-2009, 10:41 PM
I just noticed this one in the list of 'New Games' on the site and am thinking of getting it. I had an ATC game on the Commodore 64 I really enjoyed and have always wanted something similar. This may be just the ticket.

In the C64 game, you had to control altitudes, too. From playing the on-line web demo, this did not play a factor. The screenshots for this sure look good.
02-06-2009, 10:57 PM
I got it this morning and have been playing it off and on all day. The game is pretty fun though it feels repetitive at times. Without being able to control speed and altitude it makes just for clicking a few spots and hope your planes make it there without colliding. The screen is a little small and sometimes I feel when I should be setting a waypoint for the plane to head to I'm accidentally clicking other planes on the radar.

Don't know if it is worth the $2.99 price tag.
02-07-2009, 02:08 AM
There is another air traffic controlled game out there called iatc in the app store. It's in my snipe list when it goes down in price since it has a low rating. Although I guess they just updated it not to long ago and the reviews are a little better now
02-07-2009, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theishkid View Post
There is another air traffic controlled game out there called iatc in the app store. It's in my snipe list when it goes down in price since it has a low rating. Although I guess they just updated it not to long ago and the reviews are a little better now
I have them both and feel that iATC has so much more potential. My fear is that the developer has abandoned the game because really nothing has changed in it for the longest time. I think my hope for a good ATC game is lost.