★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Firi Games
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 25.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Join the Flare Elite in this action packed space shooter. Flare Elite significantly innovates on the genre, with features that have never been seen before.

INNOVATIVE CONTROLS
Flare Elite features an innovative control scheme that is not used by any other game of its genre, yet. It has been designed such that you can control your ship perfectly without obscuring the action with your fingers, unlike most other control schemes.

GORGEOUS STAR MAP
Forget about those boring mission selection menus of other games. Flare Elite features a gorgeous touchable Star Map to navigate to your next mission, or to just leisurely float around in space.

LENGTHY CAMPAIGNS WITH STUNNING ACTION
The game contains three lengthy campaigns of varying difficulty, totaling to 13 challenging missions and providing hours of gameplay. Five different upgradable weapons and other ship add-ons create countless ways to play through the game. Each mission is filled with action and plenty of explosions.

ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK
Four original retro music tracks are included that match the action perfectly. They will be stuck in your head long after you have stopped playing.

The Flare Elite Trailer is now on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSDG1JpeLiw

For more information, visit http://www.firigames.com/flare
03-13-2010, 05:54 AM
We're proud to have our first title on the App Store and hope you have fun with it. Please leave your comments, remarks and/or questions!

Selachii
Firi Games

03-13-2010, 06:24 AM
Love shmups! The screenshots look good but the video clip could seal the deal for me and I am sure for many other people.
03-17-2010, 01:20 PM
We're currently working on promotions and promotional material, so I'll make sure that's near the top of the list
03-20-2010, 04:22 PM
Game Impressions

I've reviewed this game for the dutch website iPhoneclub.nl and I really like it. I love the solution the developers have invented for navigating the spaceship. No annoying 4-point-stick, but an innovative way of navigating with two thumbs. Great! Flare Elite offers a great navigation-solution, I think others might steal their idea in the future and also use it in games that require quick navigation.

Further, I like the concept of navigation & shooting, while you have to take a rest to collect power particles. Therefore, it is not possible to rush around the screen only attacking, you also have to take some strategic rests to collect power again. This gives the game a nice dynamic and some strategic thinking is needed, while the game is still all about action.

In addition, I like it that the game is not too simple. After a few levels, when the large structures appear, I had to play the levels several times before I could complete them. Nice.

It's really worth to check this game if you like innovative navigation and challenging gameplay.
03-22-2010, 03:05 PM
Game Impressions

We're adding more information about the game to the website soon, looking into video after that.
In the meantime, AppSpy put up a review.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppSpy
While not visually stunning, Flare Elite is an excellent vertical shoot'em-up that feels at home on a touch device thanks to its control setup. There's enough of a challenge for hardcore fans to enjoy, but even new players will quickly grasp and enjoy what's on offer.
Including a video:

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-26-2010, 06:06 AM
We've added additional information on our website. Including details on all the available weapons and a faq. If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to post them.

Further more, we've made a video trailer, enjoy!

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-26-2010, 06:17 AM
Game looks interesting, but I'm not sure I want to give 3 bucks for it
03-30-2010, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by frederick osmond View Post
Game looks interesting, but I'm not sure I want to give 3 bucks for it
We're handing out 10 promo codes for people to try it out.
Get them here while they're available
03-30-2010, 07:53 AM
The game is very good. The stronger part is the innovative smooth controls system that keep you fingers out of your way and let you control the ship really fast and accurate. I love shmups and as far as I know I never saw this control system before. Now, I am left handed, so it took me a little more than the normal to get used to the control. Probably adding the option to switch controls to the other side of the screen would help left handed gamers.
Music is OK and even thou the review on Appspy says you can play your own music I didn't find out how they do it. The game weak spot is graphics, they are just a little simple. Overall the game controls gives life to this game and makes it really good and fun to play. I wish the dev would add the option to switch sides for the controls. Also a little retouch to the graphics would be great.