★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Help gather wood for the beaver dam.

------------
He woke up in the spring, and saw that the entire forest has been stolen by evil woodpeckers. There was no more wood for the construction of the dam. That meant only one thing - starvation. Enraged, he decided to take revenge!
------------
Beaver:The First Wood is a endurance game with a number of features:

* Limitless endurance gameplay.
* Open Feint enabled.
* Achievements.
* Online leaderboards.
* Nicely done 8-bit style soundtrack.

skeeet's comments:

App Name: Beaver: The First Wood
Category: Games
Developer: Munky Interactive
Version: 1.0
Size: 8.9 MB
Released Date: March 13, 2010

What happened...
He woke up in the spring, and saw that the entire forest had been stolen by evil woodpeckers. There was no more wood for the construction of the dam. This meant only one thing - starvation. Enraged, he decided to take revenge!

More info: Munky Interactive
AppSore link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/beaver-the-first-wood/id361170413?mt=8

Promo
M9XH9TTPATX3
HRWWHW9A7K9T
NTMF9RE4R9Y9
ALPKRELXF9FH
TLPEAY6PAFYW

Game uses Cocos2D and Box2D. Code & graphics done in 2 days (i did it like a little challenge)
Your comments and opinions are welcome.
03-13-2010, 09:50 AM
Holy entendre.

And this coming from Skeeet?

(Get it, coming from...eeh. Nevermind.)

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms

03-13-2010, 09:53 AM
I got ALPKRELXF9FH, thanks for the first game with a title that makes me blush. This is going right next to Tramp Stamp.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
03-13-2010, 09:59 AM
thanks for the code. will check it out.

Ha....too be honest I have no idea what this game is about, but I will very soon.

Grabbed:
M9XH9TTPATX3
03-13-2010, 11:28 AM
rest of the codes are gone so someone come back with impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
03-13-2010, 11:33 AM
lol, I think the name is a very subtle sexual innuendo.

Hakuna Matata
03-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
rest of the codes are gone so someone come back with impressions

Ok....game uses the tilt funtion to bounce your beaver up to hit the flying evil woodpeckers stealing parcels of wood.

As you bounce you leave the platform (or log I think) which shrink or separate and the beaver has to be careful when returning to the log because its surrounded by water and if he lands then its game over.

Basically your trying to hit the woodpeckers all the while keeping an eye on the log as it changes. You can get busy with this game.

You might have a couple times to fall into the water but ends game shortly after.

The beaver can ricochet off the sides also while trying to hit the woodpeckers.

The game performed very well and found it not to be as easy as I'd thought. Please keep in mind this is a very early impression and only what game play I've done at this time.
03-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Send a message via MSN to jiSh
I'm sorry this really needs to be said: you really need to consider a name change! :/ *tries to keep clean mind but cannnot....*
03-13-2010, 01:46 PM
Send a message via ICQ to skeeet Send a message via MSN to skeeet Send a message via Skype™ to skeeet
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiSh View Post
I'm sorry this really needs to be said: you really need to consider a name change! :/ *tries to keep clean mind but cannnot....*
Well game name is some kind of parody on "Rambo: First Blood", and also it is mind-virus makin' people think about "wood" in another context
03-13-2010, 01:52 PM
Alright...so you made this in two days? It's kind of a cute game and I can see how people might get drawn into it, but sorry to say...it kind of shows that it was done quickly. There are really only two elements to the gameplay: the logs and the birds, and if I'm not mistaken the secret of the game is to just ignore the birds since there doesn't seem to be any sort of variance in how scoring is done. All you really have to focus on is staying still on a log that isn't moving much, then after a while switch to another log before your log starts moving around. So really, once that's figured out there is only one real element to the gameplay. It's not unlike pong, in a sense.

It's not terrible...and I only got to 76, which was on my third try before I committed seppuku, so maybe there is more to it that I'm missing. But I wasn't really compelled to keep going to try to find out.

Sorry, maybe the game just isn't for me.