★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Title Preview: Bag Bigfoot Puzzle/Strategy Game

02-06-2009, 03:34 PM
Title Preview: Bag Bigfoot Puzzle/Strategy Game

Here's a preview of a new PlayScreen puzzle/strategy game that should be out in a few days (already submitted):

In Bag Bigfoot your goal is to capture the elusive Bigfoot by placing stone pillars on a hex map (trivia, I started in this business at Avalon Hill).

At first there are quite a few pillars left by former explorers, but as you progress through the levels there are less and less.

This is a game that looks simple but will frustrate the heck out of you. You're going to HATE IT when Bigfoot laughs at you. I know I do.

99 cents. Automatic save of game in progress as well as manual save of a game at any point (really useful to save the start of a level).

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 03:36 PM
Game looks really solid. You guys are starting to get some footholds on the app store!

"Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"- The master himself, Dr. Seuss

02-06-2009, 03:38 PM
I agree, looks solid.

At first glance, the white grid lines look a little strong. Can't really comment until I play the game though, but maybe make them semi-transparent? Or even a green color so they blend better with the grass; a dark (forest) green may work really well.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-06-2009, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
I agree, looks solid.

At first glance, the white grid lines look a little strong. Can't really comment until I play the game though, but maybe make them semi-transparent? Or even a green color so they blend better with the grass; a dark (forest) green may work really well.
You really need to be able to see them well. The game has a nice hex selection method. If you have ginormous fingers (see the Pigs video) like I do, selecting hexes on a map can be a real problem. As a designer I want a good number of hexes because it makes the game play stronger.

Bigfoot solves the problem by using a two click approach.

When you click on a hex the game highlights the hex that it thinks you clicked on:

Then when you click on the highlight, it places the pillar there.

If you click anywhere else, the highlight is removed.

Very cool for oversized humans.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 03:45 PM
This looks really good and i love Avalon Hill.

So, we'll just have to see how deep this can get, but for that price i'll give this one a try, i guess.
02-06-2009, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisking1o1 View Post
Game looks really solid. You guys are starting to get some footholds on the app store!
There's some stuff in the works that's just out there. We want to own puzzle, strategy and humor.

Bigfoot is funny, but it's also a fine strategy game. I'm really proud of it.

We'll have 9 titles in the iTunes store when it goes live. Two more are close to release.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
This looks really good and i love Avalon Hill.

So, we'll just have to see how deep this can get, but for that price i'll give this one a try, i guess.
Avalon Hill gave me my start in the game business. I wrote this:

In 1980.

- Shigeru Miyamoto

Last edited by PlayScreen; 02-06-2009 at 04:16 PM.
02-06-2009, 03:52 PM
This is awesome. I remember playing a similar game at school.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-06-2009, 04:07 PM
@PlayScreen: I'm sorry, but please post an URL or something, because i only get some kind of 'Hotlinking is not allowed'-Picture.
02-06-2009, 04:11 PM
looks like a very good game