★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

What's with the Authoritarian Moderators on TA!?

03-14-2010, 04:41 PM
What's with the Authoritarian Moderators on TA!?

Days ago I try to post a thread asking for suggested iphone game review sites - it gets deleted.

I start a post asking about suggested games to buy with a $100 gift card, taking into consideration the games I already have and guess what - it gets moved into a 300 page thread within an hour and I get a message from the moderator ("Austin") threatening "infractions"!

Seriously, are these guys getting paid and therefore feel obligated to make our lives more difficult? I didn't violate any of the forum rules. I find this very annoying. Are others experiencing this?

Hurry and respond before it gets locked or deleted!
03-14-2010, 04:43 PM
There is no moderator named Austin here.

03-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zincous View Post
there is no moderator named austin here.
oh shi-

7/26/10-- Matt Garza throws first no-hitter in Rays history!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyoHazuki View Post
It may strike you as disrespectful to ask questions, that's ok, it strikes me as stupid not to.
03-14-2010, 04:44 PM
There's already been multiple threads on suggestions for other iPhone game review sites, and we have a mass "What should I get?" thread to keep the Games section from filled with the same threads over and over again. Sometimes the mods do cross the line, but this is pretty normal.
03-14-2010, 04:46 PM
Ahahaha.

The only Austin I know of is Austin:] Why would he send a PM threatening an infraction?
03-14-2010, 04:49 PM
Mind posting the contents of the PM?

Licensed and Certified Legacy User
03-14-2010, 04:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
Ahahaha.

The only Austin I know of is Austin:] Why would he send a PM threatening an infraction?
That is the one who sent it. So this guy isn't even a mod!? He is giving me the equivalent of a forum "citizen's arrest." Man, this is laughable!
03-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunriseMoon View Post
Mind posting the contents of the PM?
Sure, though I guess he isn't a mod after all. Here's the comment and my response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin:]
Just to tell you, your thread got moved to the 'Mass "What should I get?" thread. Just don't post threads asking what to get, then you won't get into trouble

MY RESPONSE:
Get in trouble? getting infractions? LOL, what are we Austin, kindergartners!? And why is it that I can't post my own "what should I get" thread? Should I have to read through a 300+ page behemoth that started months ago, instead of having a current conversation taking into consideration the fact that I already have a collection of games and am asking for advice based on the list I've provided. I was getting helpful responses but now it is buried deep into a mass thread, already being disregarded and unhelpful to me. I simply don't have the time to sift through hundreds upon hundreds of pages...

If I had posted a "what are good games" or something generic like that, I would understand your point, but my post was quite specific. I may be new to this forum, but have contributed and requested information from forums long enough to know that we don't need a "big brother" staring over our shoulders and directing us. As for your threats of penalties, c'mon man, you're just being ridiculous...

And the other part is at:
http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=48238

Last edited by natedogg213; 03-14-2010 at 04:54 PM.
03-14-2010, 05:04 PM
WTF? This seems to be really weird. I dunno which side to support...
03-14-2010, 05:07 PM
LOL, I just noticed that this got moved to the "Site Feedback and News" What a joke! Does it look like I am giving feedback or news!? Last time I checked, I was asking a question to other users. But if you do perceive this as feedback, my point is clearly not getting across!

I guess this thread had no place in "The Lounge"? this is getting silly, I'll just go elsewhere.