★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Shaker (free Tetris)

10-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Shaker (free Tetris)

Shaker free
Was $10...maybe worth $1...anyway worth free. Classic mode has buttons at very bottom for left, right, rotate, quickly fall. Stirred mode has finger swipes left, right, semi-circle in either direction to rotate respectively, and swipe down to quickly fall. 17 different block styles.

Options include Sound effects on/off. Preview next block on/off. Show Gesture Trace on/off. Initial level. Random Block Color on/off. Random Block Style. Probably not as good as Tris though I wouldn't know never played that version. Although I heard/read EA $8 Tetris is subpar to DS version so that's disappointing.
10-07-2008, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbass View Post
Shaker free
Was $10...maybe worth $1...anyway worth free. Classic mode has buttons at very bottom for left, right, rotate, quickly fall. Stirred mode has finger swipes left, right, semi-circle in either direction to rotate respectively, and swipe down to quickly fall. 17 different block styles.

Options include Sound effects on/off. Preview next block on/off. Show Gesture Trace on/off. Initial level. Random Block Color on/off. Random Block Style. Probably not as good as Tris though I wouldn't know never played that version. Although I heard/read EA $8 Tetris is subpar to DS version so that's disappointing.
The DS version costs a hell lot more though.
10-08-2008, 07:17 AM
If it has virtual buttons I'm going to try it. I don't have Tetris, but I do have Burning Monkey Puzzle Lab, or whatever it is called, and I really don't like the touch controls in that game. I find them frustrating, especially when the game gets fast. Indeed it's one reason I haven't bought EA's version, since that appears to be swipe controlled as well (that and because I have Tetris DS which is pretty much impossible to beat.) I think virtual buttons would work much better for me and though I have Tetris DS, I don't always have it with me. So, for free, I'll try Shaker out.
10-08-2008, 07:34 AM
It appears that Shaker has been pulled from the AppStore. Or at least it is coming up as "no longer available" when following an outside link, and searching in the AppStore isn't finding it. I guess the Tetris company (or EA) struck again.
10-08-2008, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunc View Post
It appears that Shaker has been pulled from the AppStore. Or at least it is coming up as "no longer available" when following an outside link, and searching in the AppStore isn't finding it. I guess the Tetris company (or EA) struck again.
Probably

EA's Tetris is pretty good though... I love it