★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Where could I report for abuse?

03-15-2010, 11:41 AM
Where could I report for abuse?

Hi, is there anyone know how could I report some user for abuse here?

If someone asked me a promo code and promise me to write a review on his/her blog or web site, I've given him/her the promo code, but he/she did not accomplish his/her promise, how could I report such user for abuse?

Thanks for listening.
03-15-2010, 11:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toropot View Post

If someone asked me a promo code and promise me to write a review on his/her blog or web site, I've given him/her the promo code, but he/she did not accomplish his/her promise, how could I report such user for abuse?

Thanks for listening.
Hi. Just click that red "caution" sign in the corner of posts/PM's. Sorry about that, you might want to make sure a user has at least 100 posts before giving them a promo code for a review.

Licensed and Certified Legacy User

03-15-2010, 11:47 AM
It's not a contract, and it's not a legal obligation. You gifted him/her a promo code hoping that s/he would write a review. In the end the person was too lazy to do so, and that was the risk you were willing to take. Failing to write a review is hardly anything to fret about. O.o
If someone cheated you on money then that's a different case.
03-15-2010, 11:49 AM
Asking for promo codes even through PM is against the rules.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
03-15-2010, 11:51 AM
Asking for promos is a definitely against the rules of the forum. Even if it is done via PM

While you can't report a PM in the same way you can on a normal post ( there is a report button on all posts ) a dev can Forward any requests for promos to myself or any other Moderator and we'll dish out infractions and/or temporary bans accordingly
03-15-2010, 03:28 PM
It was your mistake. You can't just give out a promo code, expecting them to write a review. Next time, give it out to more experienced members who have been here a lot longer, rather than people who have just joined within the last few months.

hi
03-15-2010, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Random_Guy View Post
It was your mistake. You can't just give out a promo code, expecting them to write a review. Next time, give it out to more experienced members who have been here a lot longer, rather than people who have just joined within the last few months.
Let's try this:

Give it to the members who actually give feedback. Like you've seen them give feedback without them having the chance to get a code.
03-15-2010, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by toropot View Post

Thanks for listening.
how long was it since you gave them the code? maybe they're just taking they're sweet time

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
03-15-2010, 06:10 PM
While I agree with the feedback above, there is another possibility here. It could be that they tried your game and simply did not like it. In such a situation there is usually an exchange of feedback of what one doesn't like, but it's better than giving your game a bad review.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Whenever I recieve a promo code from someone, I warn them saying 'I may not have time to get to your review' or 'I didn't like your game that much, it's not for me'. It seems that this person is a jerk cause he didn't even give you feedback