★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Bounce Trap - What Power-ups Do You Want?

02-06-2009, 09:38 PM
#1
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 881
Bounce Trap - What Power-ups Do You Want?

Now that BT 1.2 is out with the Re-Launch power up (and much better tilt) we're already thinking about the next revision.

If you have the game and want any new power-ups or features, ask away.

Thanks.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 09:40 PM
#2
Joined: Jan 2009
Location: somewhere
Posts: 1,823
deleted.

Last edited by pante; 02-06-2009 at 09:46 PM.

02-06-2009, 09:45 PM
#3
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
Off-Topic: I don't understand the Relaunch.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-06-2009, 10:32 PM
#4
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 881
The Relaunch 'traps' a ball, displays a spinner, and when you tap Re Launches that ball in the direction of the arrow.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 10:33 PM
#5
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 881
The "Speed Bonus" is OK at the start of a level ... but near the end it is a cruel thing.... the trick is to use tilt etc and try to avoid it.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 11:31 PM
#6
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayScreen View Post
The Relaunch 'traps' a ball, displays a spinner, and when you tap Re Launches that ball in the direction of the arrow.
Check the other thread or the link I provided.

I'm having trouble figuring out how a ball could have been trapped in the area shown on my screen shot, as no ball had a chance to get close to that area at the beginning of the level.

Does it trap a ball that doesn't exist on the board? It certainly isn't trapping balls that are currently moving on the board or trapping balls already that have already been "trapped"; it's activating on empty slots.

Also, when I tap, no ball goes flying from that slot, the spinner just goes away.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-06-2009, 11:53 PM
#7
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
Check the other thread or the link I provided.

I'm having trouble figuring out how a ball could have been trapped in the area shown on my screen shot, as no ball had a chance to get close to that area at the beginning of the level.

Does it trap a ball that doesn't exist on the board? It certainly isn't trapping balls that are currently moving on the board or trapping balls already that have already been "trapped"; it's activating on empty slots.

Also, when I tap, no ball goes flying from that slot, the spinner just goes away.
OH!!!

That's an AVAILABLE Re-Launch. See my original post on the update.

Once you put a ball into Re-Launch it transforms into this:



Then you can Re-Launch that ball.

Get it?

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto
02-06-2009, 11:58 PM
#8
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 1,866
Quote:
Originally Posted by PlayScreen View Post
Then you can Re-Launch that ball.

Get it?
I get it now. ^ ^

Level 13 is absolutely brutal, how long do you estimate it took you to get past it?

The bumpers are in the worst places and hard to avoid so you don't activate non-stop speed bonuses. I can only imagine the difficulty of the next 17 levels.

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

Last edited by Donburns99; 02-07-2009 at 12:09 AM.
02-07-2009, 12:01 AM
#9
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 3,208
I actually think the game will be better without new upgrades. Once too much is added, the game loses its simplistic appeal.

TA's resident ios rhythm game player
Former #1 Rhythm Control 2 Player (#2 now)
Unofficial #1 Gears Player (ignoring hackers)
Check out my Rhythm Game thread
02-07-2009, 12:07 AM
#10
Joined: Jan 2009
Posts: 881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donburns99 View Post
I get it now. ^ ^

Level 13 is absolutely brutal, how long do you estimate it took you to get past it?

The bumpers are in the worst places and hard to avoid so you don't activate non-stop speed bonuses. I can only imagine the difficulty of the next 17 levels.
Easily. But I've been playing this game since it was a prototype web app ... before we even knew there were going to be native apps on the iPhone.

Here's the thing, there IS a strategy with BounceTrap. I got to 13 before tilt, but with tilt it's easier.

Past 20 the levels become brutal.

Here's the real trick. When you get a "Bonus Ball" ... the power up that 'spawns' balls when you hit it? You've got to go for it. Spawn like a salmon ;-) Spawn balls as long as you can. Use that tilt. Don't worry where the spawned balls go, just keep on spawning them. Watch the ball that generates the spawn. I've had this going on for minutes. That gets you past a level with more balls for the next one.

The Re-Launch is also cool for getting into those tight spaces.

The other thing is ... "speed kills". When a ball is moving slow, you can control it with tilt pretty easily. Get it into those 'crazy' places.

I can't wait till 'Bigfoot' hits.... I expect a lot of "How did you get to the end of the game" messages.

A late game is only late until it ships. A bad game is bad until the end of time.

- Shigeru Miyamoto