Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-19-2010, 07:44 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓

I'd just be happy with more levels.

AI allies and/or friendly peoples would be really neat!
Old 03-19-2010, 07:46 PM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
I'd just be happy with more levels.

AI allies and/or friendly peoples would be really neat!
Oh yea that's what I forgot to mention..And that's what I first wanted to say when I came into the thread lol.

Can anyone imagine online co-op?
[Though I guess that'd be pointless since it'd kinda be like a lesser CoD:Zombies]
Old 03-19-2010, 08:35 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

If I wanted a game with AI comrades I would play Metal Wars. This game s
doesn't really reel like that type of system would fit in well.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:39 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by derek420 View Post
[Though I guess that'd be pointless since it'd kinda be like a lesser CoD:Zombies]
no it'll be awesome!

CoD:Zombies are slow and takes LONG time to get intense lol

Aftermath's Co-op will intense from the beginning until death to all!

the only problem will be... lack of online people.

Last edited by Bdragonst; 03-19-2010 at 08:42 PM..
Old 03-19-2010, 10:55 PM

I was a bit sad about how short the game was but now that it's day 2 I'm in looooove with aftermath mode. Man, those red zombies are super intense. I know I've already said it(along with many other people) but pllllease add coop to that mode. Hell, I would like to have that way more than new levels. If it were up to me I would add coop first then enlarge the city. If the city can't be bigger due to hardware restrictions, allow us to walk into buildings and just have a loading screen.

Day 1- great concept but short.
Day 2- favorite game at the moment.
Old 03-20-2010, 11:09 AM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I have to say, after completing all but the last level of story mode, I'm left feeling like I have zero interest in this game. It was very good while it lasted (a half hour or so of gametime) but after a number of retries on the last level I just couldn't be bothered any more. Survival mode doesn't interest me here in the slightest.

Not really complaining, mind you, I feel like I have gotten more than a buck's worth. It's just, I'm left with the feeling that the star of the show here is very much the game engine, and the game does not quite do it justice. I'd love to see more done with the engine. A full on Resident Evil clone or something of the kind would work just beautifully I think.
Yeah... These are my feelings in a nutshell. I was revved up through the first few levels, and then... The whole game's over. Worth the 99c, agreed, but it's going to take something else to get me to come back to it. Maybe further levels with a more episodic feeling to the missions... Right now, each mission kind of has the feel of a survival mode of nonstop waves already. The only real difference is where you have to end up in the process of survival. While the goals are all described differently (plant a charge, grab the fuel, get to this spot), it's all really a matter of running over a green icon.

This engine is really, really promising.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:55 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

i'm having trouble with the flashlight. it just seems to sway left to right. any tips? thanks
Old 03-20-2010, 01:58 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCFields View Post
i'm having trouble with the flashlight. it just seems to sway left to right. any tips? thanks
Are you using the line control on the right side and holding it to rotate around to the place you want?
Old 03-20-2010, 02:00 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Wow, not sure how you guys got through the whole game in 10 minutes or whatever. It seems fairly hard to me. I died twice on level 3 and am taking a break now. Very cool game. Great value at 1 dollar.
Old 03-20-2010, 02:08 PM

While there are things about the game I like, I hate the controls.

I like that it takes a moment for the character to turn and that he can't instantly go from north to south without pasing through the directions between, but I feel the way the controls implement that aspect is terrible.

There's no reason the game couldn't still take time for your character to turn while using the much more precise and familar dual stick control method. With this method, the game is artificially hard because you're fighting the controls as much as the enemies. As for calling this control scheme more realistic, I'd say no. Having the character turn through all the angles is realistic, making it artificially difficult to get the character to face the direction you want is not realistic unless the character is supposed to be really drunk.

Less important, but I'd prefer if there were a fixed number of zombies on the story mode levels rather than the constant rapid spawning on all sides, but others might not agree. If the controls were better I'd probably still enjoy the game, but as is I'm deleting it after four levels. It has potential, but right now (to me) it's more frustrating than fin.