Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-16-2010, 02:07 PM
iPod Touch (2nd Gen), OS 3.x

Default Aftermath

Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words! Sorry about the somewhat chaotic launch - I submitted Aftermath at the last minute before leaving the UK for Malawi where I'm volunteering for a charity. I didn't have time to make a video before I left and as you can imagine internet access here is not brilliant so getting a video up is proving problematic!

Hopefully I'll have something up within the week but for the time-being I guess you'll have to rely on reports from the TA crowd! Give it a try!

Cheers,

Peter
Old 03-16-2010, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoHeads View Post
Hi guys,

Thanks for the kind words! Sorry about the somewhat chaotic launch - I submitted Aftermath at the last minute before leaving the UK for Malawi where I'm volunteering for a charity. I didn't have time to make a video before I left and as you can imagine internet access here is not brilliant so getting a video up is proving problematic!

Hopefully I'll have something up within the week but for the time-being I guess you'll have to rely on reports from the TA crowd! Give it a try!

Cheers,

Peter
Welcome to TA, TwoHeads. I'll try to record a short video of the first level tonight -- will post it here as soon as it's done.
Old 03-16-2010, 03:10 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Going to go eat purchased it and downloading now when I come back I will post up my impressions so far from what I heard on here and those screenshots it looks impressive for the price.
Old 03-16-2010, 04:36 PM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), OS 3.x

Default Game Impressions

Just got done playing the first three levels and this game is insanely good, a bargain at its current price. Overall there are 8 "story mode" levels that each take place in one big city where you navigate section by section trying to make it out alive against multiple types of attacking zombies. Now this is a dual stick top down shooter but there is no actual shooting involved on the players part. Instead you carry a flashlight that when shined on zombies your character will open fire automatically. The system works perfectly as it targets the closest zombie in the flashlights range but you as the player are more accurate if you stand still, rather than running around trying to dodge enemies that could come at you from any direction.

Every corner that you turn in the game will feel unique as the game is very well polished. The random lighting effects that light up the area revealing your surroundings for a split second are some of the best I ever seen from the app store! Sound effects are spot from the zombies to the weapons themselves being fired or the constant rain overall the sound effects really keep the mood of the game high. The graphics are average and I feel as if they could have been a little bit better in some areas. Another minor annoyance is the lack of an actual story in the game. I am still to this moment wondering what the hell happened, as you start the game off in an alley way with a flash light. The only text that goes up in the game is the level name and objectives for what to do next.

There are enough zombie types and weapons scattered around to keep the player coming back for more after story mode is over to play in the Survivor Mode. I have yet to play it but it is the final mission in the game and I assume it is just like any other zombie survivor mode out there. With Open Feint leaderboards in the game there is more than enough replay value. Overall this is my new personal favorite dual stick top down shooter on the app store. Honestly this game seems like it should be priced higher, get it while it is on sale!

5/5 stars!

- And to the DEV, please add on some extra levels in updates everything is perfect, a new city to explore would be awesome.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:00 PM
iPhone 5

gameplay video i made

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 03-16-2010, 06:21 PM

Bought now that the dev is part of this thread!
Old 03-16-2010, 06:47 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Now that the Dev is here i think I will buy too. Looks really good. I love the auto fire w/ light idea.

I did buy the game. I am glad I did, this is a great dual stick shooter, the lighting is perfect and the way it shoots is even better. You will not go wrong picking this one up.

Last edited by sleb; 03-17-2010 at 04:04 PM.. Reason: bought game
Old 03-16-2010, 07:04 PM
iPhone 3G, OS 4.x

*imagines Vovin letting out a Hip Hop Harry style 'Ha Ha' and shivers* Didn't even look at his post count.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:18 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

might pick this up Looks pretty cool
Old 03-16-2010, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yosoypepito View Post
gameplay video i made
Thanks, yosoypepito--saved me the trouble.