★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Featured under New & Noteworthy! ***

Join Batty on an escapade to defeat the ooze spawning worms and threatening his cave. Batty must maneuver his way through the caves, destroying the invading worms, while capturing bug power to increase his sonar power. Game play includes challenging timed levels that test your quick reflexes as you destroy the ooze and clear the level before time runs out.

FEATURES:

Take on fantastic foes like worms, critters, and slime
Use swipes or the accelerometer to move Batty
Navigate a physics simulated world
Capture bugs to increase your sonar power
Unique critter A.I.
Test your wits and reflexes with an increasing level of difficulty
10 challenging levels to delve into
Explore the open game map as long as you survive
Destroy as many worms as possible
Earn achievement points by destroying more worms
Local high scores
OpenFeint online leaderboards

-------------------------------
TIPS:
-Accelerometer controls are turned off by default. Go into the options in the main menu to turn them on.
-Swipe the direction you want to move anywhere on the screen.
-Double tap the screen where you want to shoot.

We look forward to improving the game with user requests and bug reports*. Please visit our support site and report any bugs you may find.

ATTENTION: Compatibility is not optimal in iOS4. A working update will be on the schedule.

Coming in v1.5:

-MULTI-PLAYER MODE!, Battle your friends over bluetooth.
-Improved physics engine response

Follow us on twitter @BatEscapade for future updates and announcements.

blackmouth's comments:
Bat Escapade
http://www.batescapade.com/
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bat-escapade/id360654227?mt=8

Are you tired of the typical cat and mouse game play? Are you ready for a wild and exciting undertaking that will lead you on a rewarding adventure you will not soon forget? Then you need a BAT ESCAPADE!!!

Immerse yourself in a new adventure for the iPhone. Join Batty on an escapade to defeat the primordial ooze spawning worms threatening his cave. Batty must maneuver his way through the caves, destroying the invading worms, while capturing bugs to increase his sonar power. Game play includes challenging timed levels that test your quick reflexes as you must destroy the ooze to clear the level before time runs out.

FEATURES:

* Take on fantastic foes like worms, critters, and slime
* Use swipes to move Batty and explore a physics based world
* Test your wits and reflexes with an increasing level of difficulty
* 10 challenging levels to delve into
* Explore the open game map as long as you survive
* Destroy as many worms as possible
* Earn achievement points by destroying more worms
* Capture bugs to increase your sonar power
* OpenFeint online leaderboards

SCREENSHOTS:

VIDEOS:
http://www.youtube.com/user/BatEscapade

03-17-2010, 12:10 AM
looks cool, really like the graphics.

03-17-2010, 12:13 AM
...looks really cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
03-17-2010, 12:24 AM
Thank for the vids!
03-17-2010, 01:04 AM
Promo Codes

I have 4 promo codes available. Let me know if you would like to check out the game and give me some feedback or a review.

Send me a PM to see if I still have any.
03-17-2010, 01:07 AM
Well I definitely need this.

back
03-17-2010, 01:18 AM
Thanks for the code. Downloading now. Very interested in checking this out.
03-17-2010, 05:09 AM
So... any impressions? Game looks good
03-17-2010, 05:54 AM
I had a chance to play some but not enough to make a solid judgement yet. I know I like the theme, graphics, music, and the concept of the game is good. But I'm still not sure what to make of the gameplay to determine if theres any issues or not. I don't know if its me or the game itself or if I just gotta play more to get better, I'm still trying to figure out but I only played about 25 mins so far. 3 levels. I like many things about the gameplay but I sense some things could be more smoother such as the shooting. You swipe to move the bat and the bat drifts with momentum. You shoot by tapping but the bat only shoots in set directions, like diagnally but not straight down or up. I would love to see an update where the bat could shoot in any precise direction, at any angle instead of set limited angles. The bat drifting looks and feels realistics as far as physics go, but it makes it tough to hit bugs because of the set shooting angles. The bugs also move pretty damn fast and are pesky. I wish the levels had some sort of minimap or map at pause for each stage or something for a little better guidance.

Those are just some early impressions. The game does have a super stylish feel to it though. I'm sensing a few issues that could be adjusted or corrected in an update but at the same time I like the game a lot and its kind of addicting. Cool theme to it. Still no final judgement on this because I'm getting more and more used to it all each time I play so some things could be just a matter of getting a better feel for it.
03-17-2010, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the first impression freedog!

I will definitely work on perfecting the angle issue. The shooting angle is currently constrained not to shoot under him and a bit more. This will be perfected for sure.

I like the idea of possibly having a map screen at pause. I will add something like this to my next update. I think I just got too good at the game, I forgot how challenging it could be.