★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: "Lets Domino is a must buy giving you an amazing experience all on your idevice." 4.5/5. Trevor Sheridan, AppAdvice.com

"I love this app and see some serious potential in it. Everyone who owns an iPhone or iPod Touch should experience owning Lets Domino." Nikhil Katti, Appmodo.com

----------------
Featured in News and Noteworthy
----------------

If you enjoy domino toppling this is the app you have been waiting for! Setting up your own amazing domino runs is easy with our user-friendly interface. Adding domino is just a single tap away! With dominos of so many different colors, shapes, and sizes, the possibilities are endless!

Our app is the first-and-only domino toppling app with *online* community built-in! You can share your domino courses online, connect with your Facebook friends, and show it to the world!

Dont want to create your own domino runs? Doesnt matter! You can download hundreds of domino runs created by the community, and watch them tumble from any angle!

----------------

ONLINE COMMUNITY
Upload and download domino runs online. Rate domino created by the community. YOU will be the judge. Facebook connectivity supported.

COLLABORATIVE BUILD
Build a mega domino course with friends and other Lets Domino players. Everyone contributes a part.

TONS OF COLORS AND SHAPES
Not just the classic dominos: star, heart, figures, bridge, ramp, U-turn, tower, roller, etc. Over 100 colored dominos.

BEAUTIFULLY THEMED 3D ENVIRONMENT
Multiple themes and backgrounds to choose from. Mix and match. Infinite world size.

FAST PHYSICS SIMULATION
Optimized for domino runs. Run smoothly even on 1st gen iPhone.

ACCELEROMETER CAMERA CONTROL
Watch the domino run from any angle.

ACHIEVEMENTS AND UNLOCKABLES
26 achievements, unlockable backgrounds and stunts.

Unleash your creativity with Lets Domino!

More features to come!

Watch the trailer here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU8QglFKMyc

DominoL's comments:
Hi guys!

Letís Domino trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Video featuring Youtube logo:

Youtube link | Pop Up

iTunes Link http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/lets-domino/id360656440?mt=8

If you enjoy domino toppling this is the game you have been waiting for! Setting up your own amazing domino runs is easy with our user-friendly interface. Adding domino is just a single tap away! With dominos of so many different colors, shapes, and sizes, the possibilities are endless!

Letís Domino is the first-and-only domino toppling game with *online* community built-in! You can share your domino courses online, connect with your Facebook friends, and show it to the world!

Donít want to create your own domino runs? Doesnít matter! You can download hundreds of domino runs created by the community, and watch them tumble from any angle!

Features:
* Dominoes with multiple colors and shapes
* Spectacular stunts Ė bridge, tower, u-turn, roller, striker, soda can, etc
* Beautifully themed environments
* Download and play hundreds of domino runs created by the *online* community
* Share your creations online with friends and the world!
* Online collaborationĖ team up with your friends to make a mega domino run!
* Accelerometer controlled camera - watch the domino effect from any angle!
* Fast physics engine
* Achievements and unlockables

Unleash your creativity with Letís Domino!

Please visit this link for more screenshots: Flickr

Please don't hesitate to contact us (or make a post here) if you have any questions!
03-17-2010, 02:12 AM
Great game!!!!!!!!!!!

I downloaded it as soon as i saw it.
This is the perfect app. Infinate replayability. The gameplay and graphics are great. The camera system to watch your design tumble also works great. They have a ton of different types of dominoes and special pieces to make the ultimate domino set up. You can upload your designs to the sites web or even download other people designs and watch those or build on to them. If you have ever set up dominoes just to knock them down then this is the game for you. If you want the perfect Ipod, Iphone app. You have found it.

03-17-2010, 02:41 AM
An interesting idea and perhaps a very processor/battery-intensive one? I'm curious to know more about the game element of this because it doesn't seem so clear to me. Could someone elaborate?
03-17-2010, 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleb View Post
I downloaded it as soon as i saw it.
This is the perfect app. Infinate replayability. The gameplay and graphics are great. The camera system to watch your design tumble also works great. They have a ton of different types of dominoes and special pieces to make the ultimate domino set up. You can upload your designs to the sites web or even download other people designs and watch those or build on to them. If you have ever set up dominoes just to knock them down then this is the game for you. If you want the perfect Ipod, Iphone app. You have found it.
Thank you for the kind review!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataloss View Post
An interesting idea and perhaps a very processor/battery-intensive one? I'm curious to know more about the game element of this because it doesn't seem so clear to me. Could someone elaborate?
Sure, ataloss, With Letís Domino, you can design domino runs on your iPhone Ė with the huge varieties of domino pieces in the game, you could create any shapes and forms: Flower, youtube logo (like the one in our trailer). The possibility is virtually unlimited!

The online community is the key of our game Ė your creations can be uploaded to our server so that everyone can see it! Also, online collaboration is in - you could work with your friends as a team to build a mega domino course of your dream.

About the question on processor, the game actually features a custom physics engine optimized for iPhone architecture. I write the game with a iPod Touch 2nd gen test device and the game run smoothly on it.

Please donít hesitate to ask if thereís anything not very clear to you.
03-17-2010, 07:32 AM
This is crazy looking!

My only concern is that the game may get boring without a challenge mode of some kind, like levels missing portions of dominos, or something like Crayon Physics Deluxe, where you have a ball and you need to get it to a goal, except now you can use the Dominos to get the ball to the goal

That would make an awesome game mode! Especially with online sharing.
03-17-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm enjoying the game so far, but there are already a few additions I think would make the game better.

1. A "grid" background similar to the tiled one, for design purposes. Have the lines set to the default distance between dominoes.This should make it easier to keep track of seperate tracks, ensure they're lined up with each other etc.

2. The option to change the background after you've finished designing, goes hand in hand with 1.

3. Touch camera controls when the dominoes are toppling. Accelerometer works well enough, but my iPod ends up at weird angles while I'm trying to view it. Perhaps simple up/down/left/right swipes could work.

4. Option to hide GUI while viewing the topple.

5. Allow us to move the camera after the dominoes have toppled, with the same controls as during the setup. I want to take a screenshot of the finished topple as mine spells out a word.

6. Domino color options: why not simply have a rainbow-like order for the domino colors? Green-blue-dark pink(?)-yellow-orange-blue-black-black-white(?)-pink seems incredibly random to me. I don't know if there's a reason for it, but I'm sure a simple red-orange-yellow-green-blue-indigo-violet-black-white would be more user-friendly.

7. Select any domino and change it's color.

8. Might be technically impossible, but the ability to select any domino and insert a new one in after it, even if it's not at the end of the line. It'd have to nudge all of the following dominoes forward one space which might not be possible with the engine... but it'd be nice if you'd made a mistake further back in the run and need to make changes.

9. Loading icon when starting domino run/switching back to edit mode. I've got a lot of dominoes in my current run and it takes around 10 seconds to load, which is acceptable, but it'd be nice to see a loading icon so users know their device isn't just frozen.

10. The U-Turn only goes in one direction, i.e. the domino always hits the left side of it... sometimes I want it to hit the right.

I'll probably think of a few more as I play around with it, but those are my initial thoughts. Bear in mind this isn't supposed to be a negative comment as I'm really enjoying myself with this app, it's just a few minor points I think would help take it to a new level

/l、
゙(゚、 。 7 ノ
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ

Last edited by MidianGTX; 03-17-2010 at 09:46 PM.
03-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Also, the extras like the bridge and the ball feel too scripted, I wish I could let the ball roll a little ways out instead of already having a domino in front of it.
03-17-2010, 10:09 PM
I did buy this, and for what it is, it's extremely well done. Smooth frame rate, decent options, infinite possibilities. It is not, however, a game. At all. It has achievements as if to try and give it some sort of game-y feel, but they're just things like "Build an XXX piece scene" or "Play Let's Domino for X hours" or "Upload a scene." There's really nothing game-like about it though; it's strictly a domino toy. The best one I've seen so far, but still a toy. The achievement challenges are contrived; there's no challenge, no scoring, no goal.

It isn't without its faults, either. You can't change camera angles or zoom when the dominos are toppling (which make billboard scenes unreadable in action); the extra pieces (ramp and ball, board, stairs, spinner, etc.) are one-trick ponies, and there aren't enough of them (once you've seen them do their thing there's no more to see and you can't put them to any more creative use); and the chase cam is often too slow to keep up with the toppling dominos, to name a few off the top of my head.

Very well done, lots of potential, but to be honest I completely lost interest once I saw a few downloadable scenes play out, especially when I discovered that I can't move the camera or zoom while they're in motion.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zztfox View Post
This is crazy looking!

My only concern is that the game may get boring without a challenge mode of some kind, like levels missing portions of dominos, or something like Crayon Physics Deluxe, where you have a ball and you need to get it to a goal, except now you can use the Dominos to get the ball to the goal

That would make an awesome game mode! Especially with online sharing.
This could make a good challenge mode for the game, zztfox. But I think we would probably focus on making the core domino toppling gameplay even better before adding new modes to the game

This is in our improvement list now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztfox View Post
Also, the extras like the bridge and the ball feel too scripted, I wish I could let the ball roll a little ways out instead of already having a domino in front of it.
We did this for performance reasons. We wish to make the game run fast on all devices (45fps+ on 1st gen iPhone for most domino runs).

Please keep the suggestions coming, zztfox! Thank you very much.
03-17-2010, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
I'm enjoying the game so far, but there are already a few additions I think would make the game better.

1. A "grid" background similar to the tiled one, for design purposes. Have the lines set to the default distance between dominoes.This should make it easier to keep track of seperate tracks, ensure they're lined up with each other etc.

2. The option to change the background after you've finished designing, goes hand in hand with 1.

3. Touch camera controls when the dominoes are toppling. Accelerometer works well enough, but my iPod ends up at weird angles while I'm trying to view it. Perhaps simple up/down/left/right swipes could work.

4. Option to hide GUI while viewing the topple.

5. Allow us to move the camera after the dominoes have toppled, with the same controls as during the setup. I want to take a screenshot of the finished topple as mine spells out a word.
This is a great list of suggestions I must say!

For pt 3, are you thinking of a touch only camera control or an accelerometer + touch camera control?

pt.1,2,4,5 is now in the to-do list.

Quote:
6. Domino color options: why not simply have a rainbow-like order for the domino colors? Green-blue-dark pink(?)-yellow-orange-blue-black-black-white(?)-pink seems incredibly random to me. I don't know if there's a reason for it, but I'm sure a simple red-orange-yellow-green-blue-indigo-violet-black-white would be more user-friendly.
We are actually working on a new theme right now, but I think we will prioritize your new theme first. If everything goes well, the rainbow color theme should be in v1.1 update.

Quote:
7. Select any domino and change it's color.

8. Might be technically impossible, but the ability to select any domino and insert a new one in after it, even if it's not at the end of the line. It'd have to nudge all of the following dominoes forward one space which might not be possible with the engine... but it'd be nice if you'd made a mistake further back in the run and need to make changes.

9. Loading icon when starting domino run/switching back to edit mode. I've got a lot of dominoes in my current run and it takes around 10 seconds to load, which is acceptable, but it'd be nice to see a loading icon so users know their device isn't just frozen.

10. The U-Turn only goes in one direction, i.e. the domino always hits the left side of it... sometimes I want it to hit the right.
We are working on pt.9 right now. I wonder how many dominoes you have in your set up?

For pt.7, we opt out of this since it simplify the UI quite a bit. To change color, please deleting the domino and add a new one to the same location.

pt.8 can help quite a bit with editing. The complexity in here is to avoid overlapping dominoes from other tracks, since the row of domino is pushed forward with the newly inserted domino. We are thinking hard on this

we will work on pt.10 shortly.

Quote:
I'll probably think of a few more as I play around with it, but those are my initial thoughts. Bear in mind this isn't supposed to be a negative comment as I'm really enjoying myself with this app, it's just a few minor points I think would help take it to a new level
Thank you very much for taking the time to write to us, MidianGTX! You give us a list of very valid and insightful suggestions. We are working hard to improve our games base on your feedbacks.

Thank you!