★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: New Low Price! Get it now!

Match 3 to make your own movies! With over 35 levels you're the director in Tinseltown Dreams: The 50's!

Take a seat in the director's chair in Tinseltown Dreams: The 50's, a fun new Match 3 game set during this renowned time in film. Play 35 cinema inspired levels using exciting power-ups, hilarious combo bonuses, and a wild popcorn maker! Create 7 famous film genres like Western, Romance, Sci-Fi and more! Hone your tile swapping skills to earn a big budget, then choose from over 180 unique props and characters for your movie. Make each film your own as you arrange the cast and crew as you see fit! Lights, Camera, Match!

We recommend that you update your device to the latest iOS version before playing. We also recommend that you close the game before downloading the update. To do so, double-tap the home button to display the recent apps bar. Press and hold the Namco application icon until a red minus appears, then tap the minus sign to close the application.

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

Lite : http://itunes.apple.com/app/id365203815?mt=8
03-17-2010, 10:44 AM
Muhaha! No-brainer when it is out in Germany!

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.

03-17-2010, 11:26 AM
looks pretty cool. now wait till there is a US release...
03-17-2010, 11:30 AM
03-17-2010, 11:32 AM
Not a lot of gameplay in that video.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-18-2010, 03:34 PM
Picked this game up and I'm really enjoying it.

It's a basic Match-3 as the title will give you, but the better you do on clearing the board the more money you have to spend on your production. You have to hire all the actors and the behind camera staff. You also need to buy all the props and special effects/lighting needs. The more money you spend the better score your finished movie will have.

It tries to give you the experience of "making a movie" and it fails a bit on that, but it does give a nice little twist on the Match-3, much the same way that Paradise Quest did. You basically just place the people and things you buy on the screen/set. There is no real "acting" done, but it is nice to create the scene. You can get the idea of this by looking at the screen shots.

My one real (or is that "reel" in this case) problem with the game is that the set is really small. It's hard to move things around because you will try to move an actor and end up moving a set piece. After a while things get really crowded. It would be good if you could zoom in on things and really have a chance to create your scene. The same "smallness" makes it hard to make some of the matches in the game -- big fingered people be warned.

A little more of a tutorial would have been a nice help as well since you basically have to figure things out as you go, but it doesn't have a huge learning curve.

In the end I like the game, but I am a video producer in the real world so getting to spend a lot of money on a fake production makes me feel better when I have to pinch pennies in the real one.

If you're a fan of Match-3 games and movies this game is probably a 4 out of 5. If you like just one of these genres it is a nice 3 out of 5. And if you don't like either of these genres you really should have stopped reading this a long time ago.

Agent of TOFTT
Gamecenter Tag: QuickWit5
03-22-2010, 11:00 PM
can anyone who has this say whether it has the same style match 3 gameplay as Jewel Quest where you have to clear the tiles? It looks that way but I wanna make sure.
04-13-2010, 11:21 AM