★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Pokemon-like games

03-17-2010, 12:14 PM
Pokemon-like games

Is there any? Theres an old topic from 2009 and the conclusion pretty much came to, get Epic Pet Wars, which is crap. So any updates?

I got interested in this after reading about those re-makes of Gold and Silver with the pokewalker, and I find it kind of crazy that a developer hasn't realised that the iPod platform would be perfect for games like this, what with Wifi and 3G for online trading and battling, the accelorometer...for something, and if they built a game a la Pokemon Red, they could just make a few adjustments, different monsters ect, and release it at the same time on the App store and make even more profit, a la Pokemon Blue.
03-17-2010, 12:25 PM
No, Epic Pet Wars is still the "best" option. If you're jailbroken you could always play some on the gb/gba emulator.

03-17-2010, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepeos View Post
Is there any? Theres an old topic from 2009 and the conclusion pretty much came to, get Epic Pet Wars, which is crap. So any updates?

I got interested in this after reading about those re-makes of Gold and Silver with the pokewalker, and I find it kind of crazy that a developer hasn't realised that the iPod platform would be perfect for games like this, what with Wifi and 3G for online trading and battling, the accelorometer...for something, and if they built a game a la Pokemon Red, they could just make a few adjustments, different monsters ect, and release it at the same time on the App store and make even more profit, a la Pokemon Blue.
One has, actually, but it takes a shitload of work to create anything even close to the Pokemon universe. Nintendo has thousands of people working on their games.
03-17-2010, 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamazar View Post
One has, actually, but it takes a shitload of work to create anything even close to the Pokemon universe. Nintendo has thousands of people working on their games.

Yeah I realise that, all the stats balancing, and the fact that Pokemon has really only been tweaked bit by bit, generation by generation. To me it's more the fact that there's loads of FPS games, loads of RTS games, and loads of JRPG games and what like one game that vaguely resembles Pokemon?

I'd settle for a crappy Gameloft rip-off, 'Cyber-M.O.N.S.T.E.R.S' or whatever, and I had thought about the jailbreak option, but I'd rather have the option to trade and stuff.

I might just have to quit whining and buy another DS
03-17-2010, 12:39 PM
yah if they acually made a game like pokemon, it would get alot of hits!

i would look in to it right away,
03-17-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyzon View Post
yah if they acually made a game like pokemon, it would get alot of hits!

i would look in to it right away,
Who wouldn't lol? A pokemon game on an iDevice..total win to me.

Game Center: blake_storm
03-17-2010, 12:48 PM
yah but its not likley ganna happen.....

also how do you start a thread...?

Last edited by dannyzon; 03-17-2010 at 12:52 PM.
03-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Final Fantasy. Pretend the characters are the Pokemon.
03-17-2010, 01:42 PM
How do you create a thread!?!?

Currently Beta Testing/Tested: Captian Ludwig, Trainyard
03-17-2010, 02:42 PM
Go out to the forum page, in the top left is a button that says: NEW THREAD. Really complex I know.