★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Icon Competition - Free Giveaways - Stitch'em Words

02-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Icon Competition - Free Giveaways - Stitch'em Words

And the winner is.... ICON # 29 with 14 votes !!!
SECOND PLACE: Icon #21 with 10 votes
THIRD PLACE: Icon #31 with 5 votes.

Lucky Number draw winner - Post 134 !

Congratulations to all the winners, and a very big thank you for all the participants who took part in submitting their artwork, as well as voted for the icons. Watch out for our brand new Icon in the new version of the game coming soon !

Quote:
Originally Posted by stitchemwords View Post

VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE ENTRIES FOR A CHANCE TO WIN A PROMO CODE !!

ALL ENTRIES ARE NOW UPLOADED AT
http://www.nothowitlooks.com/assorted/sew-entries.jpg

(THANK YOU BRET)

TELL US WHICH ICON YOU LIKE THE BEST BY POSTING THE ENTRY NUMBER AS A REPLY TO THIS THREAD. ALL THOSE WHO VOTE WILL HAVE A SHOT AT A LUCKY DRAW TO WIN A PROMO CODE FOR STITCHÉM WORDS.
Quote:
Competition is now closed. We are preparing all entries so that TA users can vote on their favorite one Brett Archibald has kindly offered his help in getting these entries in correct format and we would like to thank him very much. We should have them ready very soon for voting to begin
Quote:
Guys and all pretty girls,

As you might know, we are working very hard to make Stitch'em Words even better by adding dynamic level loading, and several other features. The update is out in a few weeks. However, this leaves us no time to spend on creating artwork for the new icon that we are looking to deploy.

So we have decided to give Touch Arcade users a chance to see their creativite work get featured on the App Store!!

For this competition, you need to design an original 512x512 sized icon for Stitch'em Words in Photoshop or Corel Draw. If you need any of the game graphics, send your request in through PM or email us at stitchemwords@gmail.com.

Post your creation in PNG or JPEG format in this thread, and submit the original PhotoShop / Corel Draw file to stitchemwords@gmail.com. The winner of the competition will be decided by the Touch Arcade users through the poll.

Top three finishers would receive Free Download of Stitch'em Words, and the winner will get their Icon featured in the App Store and in all advertisement, with full credit given through the Game description on the App Store.

This is your chance to see your work on thousands of iPhones and iPod Touch who have Stitch'em Words downloaded.

p.s. Of Course all bragging rights will be transferred over to the Winner as well!

Contest closes Friday 13th Feb 2009 at 11:59 pm PST.
Note: We prefer Photoshop / Corel Draw files, but you may use any other program as long as you submit a PNG file so that we can get it in the right format to upload to AppStore.

Last edited by stitchemwords; 02-22-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: Competition is now closed !
02-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Great contest! Good luck to all participants. ^ ^

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc

02-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
I will be sure to let razorianfly know about this. He's already made some pretty incredible icons for other games in the app store and even created two for his websites (webclips for iPhone).

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
02-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Quote:
Guys,

As you might know
And girls.
02-07-2009, 06:51 PM
sounds awesome, the thing is though i dont know how easy it would be to make an icon for a game that doesnt really have any graphics or a logo or anything, just mostly words.

dirty deeds and their dunderchee
02-07-2009, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketman919 View Post
sounds awesome, the thing is though i dont know how easy it would be to make an icon for a game that doesnt really have any graphics or a logo or anything, just mostly words.
Attaching a sample...just to get the ball rolling...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	icon big.PNG
Views:	21
Size:	135.9 KB
ID:	1088  
02-07-2009, 06:57 PM
Awesome competition your having! I will tell all my followers on twitter

Tweet me and follow me! http://twitter.com/AndyL19
Check my blog out-HERE for reviews.Want your app reviewed? Send requests to andyl19@live.com
02-07-2009, 07:06 PM
Would be neat to see an icon that represented Stitch'em Words with the use of symbols and single letters (where needed).

Web Designer & Developer since 1999.

Games I highly recommend: CozyQuest, Gemmed, Jabeh, Blue Defense, Blue Attack, geoDefense, Hospital Havoc
02-07-2009, 07:14 PM
when will the contest be closed? I have an idea but I'm not sure I'll have time to finish today.

Check out Randomness is green
some youtube comment:
Quote:
She's smart...
in a parallel universe, 100 billion years ago
02-07-2009, 07:15 PM
does it have to be made using corel or photoshop? I'm using a borrowed laptop

edit: da*n you, pablo, get out of here, or we won't have a chance

edit II: how 'bout anime studio pro? I'll export a single frame as a png. don't say no now, I've already started

Last edited by Kamazar; 02-07-2009 at 07:28 PM.