★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Create a town by filling in challenging word puzzles. Lexitect is THE game for people who love word games.

Lexitect is a fun, challenging game for people who love crossword-like games such as Scrabble.

The goal of Lexitect is to create building-shaped crosswords. You get points for using as many of your seven tiles as you can each turn. You get a big bonus for using all seven letters!

Lexitect is untimed, so you can pick it up and play for five seconds or five hours. No pressure!

This version contains five free building puzzles, from very easy to very difficult. Purchase more level packs for $.99, and play them as much as you like.

Lexitect is a networked, multiplayer game. However, a network connection is not required. The game will automatically sync up when it can.

When location information is available, you can see your ranking for the world, country, city, and state. Rankings are continually updated as you play.

Lexitect has built-in feedback that you can use to request new levels, suggest features, or tell me what you think. In-game feedback goes directly to my inbox. If you have a question, you may also email me at the address below. I look forward to hearing from you!

--Chris Garrett, Lexitect creator
lexitect@zworkbench.com

fairlady's comments:
If you like word games such as Scrabble, you'll love this new free game! Use your word-building skills to create houses and buildings in a town. See how your score compares to other local and global players, updated LIVE during game play! Please share your thoughts about the game and make suggestions for features below. Thanks!

This great new word game was developed in a partnership between ZWorkbench and Fairlady Media.
03-17-2010, 07:02 PM
Looks like my kind of game. I like Physics puzzlers and word games, so this falls under my interests via #2. Will pick it up as soon as I get the iPod back from the kids.

03-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagManX View Post
Looks like my kind of game. I like Physics puzzlers and word games, so this falls under my interests via #2. Will pick it up as soon as I get the iPod back from the kids.
Lol, it seems like my kids always have my iPhone when I see a cool game to get. Let us know what you think of Lexitect; we're always working to improve our games!
03-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Send a message via AIM to eeenmachine
I got to play this game at GDC, and it was awesome!
03-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
Since you guys are pretty good at text games yourselves - I will take your recommendation and try this one out..Thanks for the recommendation.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
03-18-2010, 12:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Since you guys are pretty good at text games yourselves - I will take your recommendation and try this one out..Thanks for the recommendation.
Right. Free and recommended by the dev of Textropolis and Fishtropolis. I'll bite.
03-19-2010, 07:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eeenmachine View Post
Thanks! Hopefully this one will catch some momentum like your Textropolis and Fishtropolis! We've jumped 40+ ranking spots in the past 2 days, so I figure that's a good start...
03-19-2010, 08:08 PM
I have been playing this a bit over the last couple of days, and I like it!

Making your own scrabble solutions to start and end at a specific point, while also trying to maximize words, intersections, points. Nicely done. I think I'll be playing this one for a while..

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
03-19-2010, 08:17 PM
Very cool game!
As a fan of text based games (especially Textropolis and Fishtropolis), I am really enjoying this.

My wife loves it as well.

Thanks a lot for sharing this.
-

Ipad 2 64gb, Ipod Touch 4 32gb. Avid gamer.
Too many favorites to list!
Agon/Open Feint/Gameloft/Plus+/Crystal/Game Center/XboxLive: "Zallman"
03-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Game Review

The first review of this game just went live:

"It’s free and I, for one, would have paid for this app..." - EtchReviews

http://www.etch-reviews.com/app-reviews/lexitect/

Thanks!