★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: In the same spirit as Railroad Tycoon and Transport Tycoon
this game is about transporting goods and people between
locations, earning money and expanding your business!

Right now the game includes in total 27 different trucks,
carrying 9 different types of cargo
In future updates airplanes and trains will also be included!

With almost limitless amounts of different maps and up to 3 AI opponents you're in for many many hours of fun!

Uses Open Feint for online highscores and you can even chat with your friends and give each other tips on how to play the game!

Game includes
* Over 32000 different maps
* 0-3 AI opponents
* 9 types of cargo
* 27 different vehicles
* Tutorials
* Online highscores via OpenFeint
* Achievements

Upcoming features
* Airplanes and railroads
* More statistics and economics
03-17-2010, 08:15 PM
The tutorial needs work! It seems like a cool game but its kind of hard to follow. Perhaps an in-game tutorial can be added rather than pages of instructions?! The controls are responsive and simple and the graphics are nice.

03-17-2010, 08:32 PM
May pick this up. Looks like an iDevice OpenTTD game. Anyone tried it and able to comment if that's how it plays?
03-18-2010, 04:02 AM
hmmmm...also interested in opinions....is it playable

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
03-18-2010, 04:12 AM
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
This is a logistics game, made exclusively for the iPhone/iPod Touch! Setup a route, buy a couple of trucks and your off to becoming the worlds greatest logistics entrepreneur!With almost limitless amounts of different maps and up to 3 AI opponents you're in for many many hours of fun!best game ever.
03-18-2010, 06:25 AM
Hi all,

Im one of the developers behind this little game, interesting that it found its way into these forums before I had the time to write about it

Anyway, we're looking into making the tutorials way way better!
The are indeed a bit "rough" right now...

We're also planning more transport types, like planes and trains
These will take some weeks to finalize though, but they're coming!
I am myself a big fan of OpenTTD and this is sort of an attempt to get it to iDevices
A big part of the calculations is done in a similar way as oTTD does...

So please promote this game to your friends so that we can make this happen!

Developer FuzzyMonkeyBerry
03-18-2010, 08:46 AM
Looks more than a (good!) beta version to me...

Hi and welcome to TA

I've stumbled upon Touch Tycoon about a week ago - and had to TOFTT

The game itself looks quite cool at first - but has some bug unfortunately, which ruins the fun for me.

First there are some crashes or hiccups, which cause the game to get stuck from time to time. Sometimes there was no other possibility but to start a completely new game

Another thing, that needs tweaking IMHO are the statistics. Up to now, there really basic - I wasn't able to judge by the numbers how my company was doing compared to the AI

In my version, there was Open Feint implemented - although I couldn't earn any of the achievments, although I had more than one route running, bought more than five vehicles etc.

I hope there will be an update soon, which fixes the few rough edges - I will give it another try afterwards
03-18-2010, 04:28 PM

Thanks for the feedback!

The achievements bug was fixed in 1.0.1 so if you just update your game you should receive those

We just submitted version 1.0.2 to AppStore, so hopefully it will be released in a couple of days!
This version includes fixes for the "stuck" GUI and some other tweaks and fixes
We also added some social stuff to the OpenFeint integration!

Next update will make an overhaul on statistics page(s)
More and clearer info!
We have also begun work on bringing planes to the field, so keep your eyes open!

And of course, if anyone have any questions or requests, just PM me or mail me at

03-18-2010, 05:33 PM
keeping an eye on this - used to love transport tycoon but the version that landed on the iphone was unplayable....so will watch with interest opinions here

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
03-19-2010, 04:59 PM
For those keeping an eye out here, Touch Tycoon 1.0.2 just got approved and will be available in AppStore within 24hours!

Release notes:
* Fixed annoying GUI locks on some devices
* Added "quickbutton" to access OpenFeint
* Social connections added to OpenFeint integration
* OpenFeint updated to version 2.4.5
* Minor bugfixes and GUI tweaks