★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Really love lux touch-shud i buy lux dlx in its current state?

02-08-2009, 06:04 AM
Really love lux touch-shud i buy lux dlx in its current state?

Ok so i hve been playn lux touch since months and i still love it!I had gone crazy to d extent that i stoppd recvn calls durin lux tch so that my game is nt disturbed.
I gave been keeping an eye on lux dlx since d day it was released.Many are of the opinion that d game is buggy nd slow nd nt wrth 8$.
Can ny1 help me out!

Thnx!
02-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shashwat View Post
Ok so i hve been playn lux touch since months and i still love it!I had gone crazy to d extent that i stoppd recvn calls durin lux tch so that my game is nt disturbed.
I gave been keeping an eye on lux dlx since d day it was released.Many are of the opinion that d game is buggy nd slow nd nt wrth 8$.
Can ny1 help me out!

Thnx!
That is nearly unreadable! Would you mind trying to put at least some effort into spelling? And ffs, don't be so extremely cheap. If you have been playing something for free over months, then it should be out of the question to get that App or not...

02-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Ok so i have been playing lux touch for months, and i still love it! I have gotten so crazy, even to the extent that i have stopped recieving calls during lux touch so that my game is not disturbed.
I gave been keeping an eye on lux dlx since the day it was released. Many are of the opinion that the game is buggy and slow and not wrth 8$.
Can anyone help me out?

Thanks!
I have to agree with those which are 'of the opinion that the game is buggy and slow and not worth 8 bucks'. It doesn't really offer much more than the free version, besides downloadable maps. I wasn't very interested in it after a week or so. But, if you're THAT into it, I suggest you take 'd plnge'.
02-08-2009, 06:35 AM
Well i was posting from my iphone while travelling..and as far as my understanding goes the only 'spelling' mistake i made was 'gave' instead of 'have'(well theoretically it was a typing mistake)..The rest were short words so as to enable me to type quickly..
If u couldnt read/understand it u shouldnt have even bothered to.
Secondly i asked for an opinion on the game and not about what you think i should do.You better understand what is being asked first and then reply rather than acting smart
02-08-2009, 07:52 AM
I love this gmae

I can't really understand why people are complaining about the games ostensible slowdowns. I just don't have them.

I was really into lux touch, and it was the first game that made me look forward for its full version. Because the developers have been around for quite some time now, I got a glimpse of what might be the full experience on the iPhone once they would finish coding.

I even downloaded the free version von Mac-Computers and enjoyed it quite a bit. But I realized the game does only work for me, if it's on a touchscreen, because I do not like gaming on my homecomputer so much as a do on the road, or... elsewhere...

Now the full version (Lux Deluxe) comes with 80 or so maps, which for the most part are very very good. Additionally you can customize every other aspect of the game mechanics. Taken these two facts together therein lies endless fun in trying to beat another map. Some of them are made just beautifully! Try California Goldrush. Much love went into making these maps.

I got bored with the lite version of the game after a few weeks, because there wasn't much of a challenge after You learned how the game works, and what possibilities lie within the one map.

So for ME, personally, Lux Touch is THE most addictive game in the AppStore. I think I nearly played every map. And some can really take up for hours of gamplay. Because there is alsways a Quicksave Function, you can stop whenever you feel like it, and pick the game up whenever you like.

The experience is really solid (stable/ well balanced) and worth the money (Additional Content/ Customizable Rules).

I have no slowdowns whatsoever. I can zoom in and move the map whenever I like. This is the only time the CPU pauses the action. And because You don't really do that constantly it is really nothing to mention in the first place.

THis is my most beloved iPhone App. And i don't get people's ranting about any slowdows or any facts that would make the game unplayable.

It's just fantastic and very well done.
02-08-2009, 07:59 AM
for me it's well worth it, maps, options, difficulty, resume after quit/phone call. but the buggyness gets irritating, i've sometimes encountered unconquerable land, eg you attack and the other team always keeps it, just their troup numbers go into minus, lol.

I bought it knowing there will be an update. If the dev doesn't release said update, I'm borrowing a shotgun and finding him!

iPad 3G: The first personal computer.
02-08-2009, 08:22 AM
Hi folks,

I feel the need to add my 2 cents:

Yes - on my Iphone 1stgen the game felt kinda slow.
But that was mostly due to the fact that i didn't know this statement of one of the developers:

The AI speed slider has Fastest on the Left side FYI.

Pushing the slider to the left, the game is much faster.
Yes..there are some other things that annoy.. but the dev said they are working on stability fixes and other improvements.

For me, it's one of the best games for the iphone..

Greetings,
Pug
02-08-2009, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Well i was posting from my iphone while travelling..and as far as my understanding goes the only 'spelling' mistake i made was 'gave' instead of 'have'(well theoretically it was a typing mistake)..The rest were short words so as to enable me to type quickly..
If u couldnt read/understand it u shouldnt have even bothered to.
Secondly i asked for an opinion on the game and not about what you think i should do.You better understand what is being asked first and then reply rather than acting smart
Ok, first of all i'm sorry if my post seemed to be to harsh or something and the original post being done on an iPhone explains a lot, but seriously how much more time would it cost to put 'and' instead of 'nd' or 'not' instead of 'nt'? I'm no spelling Nazi or anything (god, i make a ****load of mistakes myself), but imo everybody should try to phrase his/her questions as clear as possible. Also i posted that it was 'nearly' unreadable, not that it was completely gibberish... And as far as i understand it, your initial question was if you should buy the game in it's current state. Even if there are slowdowns/etc. it is still my opinion that one should not be to cheap to buy the App, especially when that person has been using the free version for such a long period. That said, i hope you understand where i am coming from... (If there is still something to clear up, don't hesitate to pm me, so that this thread will not be cluttered with off topic stuff.)
02-08-2009, 08:51 AM
one more:

DEV:"Lux DLX update 1.1 should be released the first week of March, and will fix a number of the things you mention. The save-resume bug can be avoided if you don't use scenario start mode for now."

taken from:
http://sillysoft.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=15971
02-08-2009, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butters View Post
Ok, first of all i'm sorry if my post seemed to be to harsh or something and the original post being done on an iPhone explains a lot, but seriously how much more time would it cost to put 'and' instead of 'nd' or 'not' instead of 'nt'? I'm no spelling Nazi or anything (god, i make a ****load of mistakes myself), but imo everybody should try to phrase his/her questions as clear as possible.
Your no spelling Nazi yet you felt the need to spend five minutes of your life correcting it on an app discussion forum. Interesting.