★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Games with iPod music option

03-19-2010, 04:16 AM
Games with iPod music option

Games like dungeon hunter where you can listen to your own music cause my volume slider thing on my iPod to get stuck. Does this happen to anyone else? Just tried it with sims 3 stereo and it did not cause the bug... Maybe it's certain apps?

Last edited by Cifuang; 03-19-2010 at 04:20 AM.
03-19-2010, 08:57 AM
Yeah that happened to me a few times where the slider no longer slid but the side button still semed to work. The slider in music glitched out for me once too. Had to turn my iPod Touch off and back on. Then everything was fine.
03-19-2010, 11:39 AM
Same exact problem, but it happens EVERY time I play the darn game. Should it be OK to soft restart my iPod everytime I play until they fix software?
03-19-2010, 12:23 PM
I was having the same problem with my Ipod with regular music... I took it to the apple store and they pretty much did the same reset I did, except when I put my music back on i set it up as a new iPod...
03-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Same thing happens to me with multiple games. I think it's just some kind of bug in the iPod application, or the way other applications override it. There are multiple games that do this, the only ones popping into my head ATM are Dungeon Hunger and Space Invaders Infinity Gene, but I know for a fact there were others as well.

I just kind of adapted to it, and if I need an accurate representation of where the volume is while I'm listening to music, I turn it to portrait mode. It is true that you don't get the iPod volume slider working properly again until you reset the device though. I sent a support ticket to Apple about it a long time ago, and didn't get any useful information back.

EDIT: Oh yeah, one more thing I forgot to mention is that sometimes it seems like this problem will just "fix" itself. Normally after I play an app that has this problem, if I don't reboot for a while (play other apps, etc), sometimes the functionality of the volume slider will just randomly start working again. I've never been able to nail down the circumstances that cause this "fix" (ie what app I used before it came back). From a programmer's standpoint, my guess is that some apps place a lock on the ipod application, and don't properly remove it. Then, if another app is used that does properly remove the lock, the functionality comes back.

Last edited by Ouisch; 03-19-2010 at 01:04 PM.
03-19-2010, 03:41 PM
alright guys, thanks for the responses glad it's not my ipod