★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: 2n Productions
  • Genre: Sports
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 10.9 MB
  • Version: 2.4.0
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Over 900,000 games of Hoops Madness and Hoops Madness Lite have been played! Find out why!

Get the app now when you can! Right now, the Flick mode is current FREE. Later versions will have Flick for purchase. If you buy the app now (version 2.3.0), you'll be able to have Flick mode for FREE!

Want to see more themes? Share the Madness with your friends and family! With your support, we can continue making more fun themes!

Simple to pick up 'n play, challenging to master, even harder to put down!

Now anyone can be in the Zone; just tap to shoot. The faster you tap, the more you shoot. To score, just make sure you're lined up with the basket!

Sounds easy, but do YOU have what it takes to get the really high scores (3,000 pts+)?

Want to flick the ball? Then play the Flick game mode! It's more challenging than the tapping mode and is for serious pros!

Sweet swishes, taunting in 'n outs, and brutal brick shots will make you feel like you're on a real court.

FEATURES INCLUDE:

* Seriously addicting game play!

* Different balls (Money, Power, Atom) to get you that higher score

* 2 Shooting Modes (Tap and Flick)

* Timed and Endurance Mode

* Player stats and daily, weekly, and all-time leaderboards!

* Live score ticker feeds that shows you the latest scores other people have submitted

* Facebook and Openfeint support

You can check out sweet game footage here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1r8PTYdS_0

mobileben's comments:
It's March Madness time! Participate in the madness by scoring a copy of Hoops Madness .... the arcade basketball shooting game with a twist!

How will you do against a sideways moving backboard?

Deceptively simply and addictive. Can you figure out the strategies that will get you the scores that will dominate the Global High Score Tables?

And here's a video of some sweet gameplay action:

03-19-2010, 11:37 AM
very cool!

....this definitely looks awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

03-19-2010, 11:54 AM
This is a great game. If you liked Lumpy Hoops but want more of a true basketball theme, this is the game for you. I love the glass backboard and the crowd in the background and since March Madness is going on, this is perfect timing.

The touch controls are perfect and the level of polish is fantastic. IMO Lumpy Hoops and Hoops Madness are the two best basketball shooting games in the app store.
03-19-2010, 12:27 PM
What makes this any different than Lumpy Hoops? Any reason to buy this if you already own Lumpy Hoops besides aesthetics? Any change in gameplay?
03-19-2010, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
very cool!

....this definitely looks awesome

Thanks DG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
This is a great game. If you liked Lumpy Hoops but want more of a true basketball theme, this is the game for you. I love the glass backboard and the crowd in the background and since March Madness is going on, this is perfect timing.

The touch controls are perfect and the level of polish is fantastic. IMO Lumpy Hoops and Hoops Madness are the two best basketball shooting games in the app store.
Glad you like it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooptalian View Post
What makes this any different than Lumpy Hoops? Any reason to buy this if you already own Lumpy Hoops besides aesthetics? Any change in gameplay?
This is mainly a visual change. We know there are lots of basketball fans out there that would want version that is more visually true to the game. There is a slight game difference, and that is with the backboard, because it's regulation dimensions. So it moves slightly differently. If you have Lumpy Hoops, you'll notice the difference, but it's slight!

We do plan on unifying the leaderboards between both games. Right now there is a 5 name slot entry per game. So if you had both, you could get up to 10.

IMHO, the game is a little zippier (since we don't draw an animating Lumpy and all his parts) and looks sportier!

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
03-19-2010, 01:05 PM
I love Lumpy Hoops but after playing both games, Hoops Madness is even more polished. I think they both offer perfect controls but Hoops Madness is the complete package. I will say that my kids prefer Lumpy though.

I think you have a great franchise here. How about Lumpy Golf, bowling or tennis?
03-19-2010, 01:26 PM
You know, the March Madness bug may sell me on this one.

I thought Lumpy Hoops looked good, but I wasn't a fan of the cartoony graphics. This looks much more polished, like something I'd see in an arcade. I think I'm sold...

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BazookaTime View Post
I love Lumpy Hoops but after playing both games, Hoops Madness is even more polished. I think they both offer perfect controls but Hoops Madness is the complete package. I will say that my kids prefer Lumpy though.

I think you have a great franchise here. How about Lumpy Golf, bowling or tennis?
The visual change in Hoops Madness made all the difference. Now we still love the Lumpster but even he admitted that the change made the game "feel" and look better

I like the way you think . That is a possibility.... Lumpy bowling would be great if Lumpy was the pins instead of the ball!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
You know, the March Madness bug may sell me on this one.

I thought Lumpy Hoops looked good, but I wasn't a fan of the cartoony graphics. This looks much more polished, like something I'd see in an arcade. I think I'm sold...
Well this one's for you then CzarCastic! Your reaction is the same we got from many of the pure basketball fans we showed Lumpy Hoops to. They liked the gameplay but not the cartoony graphics. I think you'll enjoy Hoops Madness.

Here a tip for you when you play. Time it so you can shoot multiple balls at the basket as it moves by. Especially at the start of the game, you can sink 5 -6 balls if you shoot fast enough.

Btw, who are you rooting for?

Poke on over to our blog @lumpyspad.blogspot.com!
Have a Poketastic time with QuitIt!
03-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermanator View Post
Btw, who are you rooting for?
I'm rooting for a team that didn't even make it in to the tournament. Stop rubbing it in.

So, with that said, I root for the team that's going to help me win my NCAA bracket, which changes on a daily basis.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
I'm rooting for a team that didn't even make it in to the tournament. Stop rubbing it in.

So, with that said, I root for the team that's going to help me win my NCAA bracket, which changes on a daily basis.
Which bracket then?

Poke on over to our blog @lumpyspad.blogspot.com!
Have a Poketastic time with QuitIt!