★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Gameloft games not loading- solutions?

03-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Gameloft games not loading- solutions?

I recently purchased Earthworm Jim and Real Soccer 2010 during the Gameloft sales, played both of them right when I downloaded them, and they worked without a problem.

Now, I haven't been able to load either game since the first time I played, and it is very frustrating. I open the app, it goes to a black screen, and then quits back to my home page.

Does anyone have any solutions to fix this problem? Judging by the reviews of these games I know I am not alone in having this happen.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
03-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Maybe try restarting your ipod, or reinstalling the games.

Lightning Strike Games Development Blog

03-19-2010, 12:49 PM
I've been having the same problems with Earthworm Jim, and I tried reinstalling AND restarting, multiple times. Nothing worked. I had the same problem with Blades Of Fury for awhile, but it seems to work now. I'm just hoping to fix EW Jim soon

Currently Listening To: Wolfmother
03-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Had to delete BIA2 because of crash at end of level problem, reinstalling allowed me to progress beyond mission 1 but then it just got stuck at the end of mission 3
03-19-2010, 01:09 PM
Send a message via AIM to KGameLover1
Free up some memory, then. Buy Free Memory, or hard reboot, or if you're jailbroken, use SBSettings' 'free up memory' button.

All these work for me when my GL games don't work.
03-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KGameLover1 View Post
Free up some memory, then. Buy Free Memory, or hard reboot, or if you're jailbroken, use SBSettings' 'free up memory' button.

All these work for me when my GL games don't work.
Is system activity monitor worth the $3? It seems to be the only free memory in the AppStore now, but some reviews say it doesn't work.

Maybe I'll try and delete some music before I buy it.
03-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Whao.. they removed Free Memory there's only Free Memory Lite which costs $.99 and doesnt let you free memory Read this: http://www.recessionapps.com/Free_Memory.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by highlyrefinedpirate View Post
Is system activity monitor worth the $3? It seems to be the only free memory in the AppStore now, but some reviews say it doesn't work.

Maybe I'll try and delete some music before I buy it.
Well it's made by the same dev... But 3 dollars??? I'm not sure if it's worth it...

Beta Tested: iBetatest+Running with Scissors, iBlast Moki, IMO, 9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011, Zenonia 2, Touch the Beat Beta Testing: Pentagon Defense
03-20-2010, 12:01 PM
That works for all my other games (got Free Memory awhile ago) but only Earthworm Jim no longer works. I'll redo my iPod hahaha Apparently there's a update... Hopefully that'll fix it.

Currently Listening To: Wolfmother