★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Featured by Apple under "Hot New Games", "What's Hot" and "New and Noteworthy". Was a top 10 Puzzle and Action game with over 400,000 downloads. Also try the FREE sequel, Chain Link Pro 2!!!

"When something original turns up in the overpopulated match-three puzzler genre, it makes us sit up and take notice. Chain Link Pro is just such a game." - PocketGamer

Create long chains in this high adrenaline touch and drag action game. Chain Link Pro is simple to play, just glide one finger across the screen to link together matching colored shapes and navigate the chain into the center vortex to score. Forming longer chains increases the difficulty of avoiding collisions but also rewards you with more points.

FEATURES TWELVE POWER-UPS
There are 17 power-ups a chain can collect to ensure survivability and maximize points, ranging from miniature chains to multi-colored chains to metamorphosis to chain invincibility. Collect the special mystery power-up every 2 hours which offers amazing rewards - including a chance for an extra life to be used anytime you wish.

UNIQUE GAME MODES
Hyper Chain - Score as high as possible in 60 seconds. Contains faster spawning power-ups and multiplier awards. This is super addicting, make sure you check it out first!
Timed game mode - Race against the clock to earn enough points to add additional play time. Collisions subtract points but don't end the game.
Arcade game mode - Shapes fly across the screen and any collision will end the game. Offers leisurely play with no time limits.
Static game mode - Shapes are created on a static grid and don't move. Clear the screen by chaining around the maze of other colorful shapes without getting too close. This mode gives the player three lives so one mistake won't end the game.
Chain Pattern - Offers a different spin on game play - connect shapes in the same order as the pattern displayed at the top of the screen.
Chain Entity - Collecting shapes will increase the size of the main shape and start pulling non-matching shapes towards it. Score before your shape gets too big to control.

QUEST SYSTEM
Earn and complete quests for extra points and unlock new power-ups.

SCORE MULTIPLIERS
There are additional ways to earn additional points:

Speedster - Make a chain fast. The first one is a 2x bonus but if you do more speed chains within a short period of time then the multiplier increases.
Repeater - Score repeated times with the same type of chain.

FLUID CHAIN MOVEMENT
The chain will react based on how fast or slow you move your finger. Optimized for performance to run smoothly.

OTHER AMAZING FEATURES

Offers easy, medium and hard degrees of difficulty! Each difficulty has a different amount of lives.

Takes seconds to learn but hours to master. Discover new tricks each time you play.

A rich 3D sound experience when using headphones.

High production value with beautiful graphics, advanced particle effects and fluid chain movement.

Designed exclusively to take advantage of touch screen devices so controlling the game feels natural.

Rock out to your own music from your media library as you play.

Game auto-saves and auto-pauses whenever you get a call or switch to another app.

Vexorg's comments:
iTunes link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/chain-link-pro/id362278797?mt=8

** Update Nov 9th, 2015

After years of waiting, the Chain Link Mega v3.0 update is finally here!
  • - Complete overhaul of the graphics to Retina high resolution
    - Contains all the software technology upgrades, game improvements and bug fixes that went into making Chain Link Pro 2
    - Watch and share video replays of your best games
    - Added daily free powerups!
    - Added energetic music to Hyper Chain to improve your chaining abilities (it really does work!)
    - Sloooooowwww motion effect when a shape collision ends the game

Chain Link Pro was featured under Apple's "What's Hot" list in iTunes as well as being featured under the "Hot New Games" and "New and Noteworthy" iTunes lists! Apple is never wrong, pick up your copy today!

Here's what touch arcade forums members are saying about Chain Link Pro

sammysin: I'd say this is the best game period.

kuuushi: GREAT job on this game, not many games after doodle jump have got me completely addicted!

cranker: This game is great and deserves more attention. It's a nice pick up and play game.

Syao: Indeed it's a great game! Very fun, polished, and addictive.

FlyinJ: You really pulled off some super tight design in this game. The overall gameplay is stellar, but the "mission" system you implemented to gain powerups coupled with their persistence through future rounds pushes it over the edge.

mikeg123: After watching the video, I bought the game, and it is hard to stop playing it. Great game!

HiddenPoohUK: I have to say, having spent literally hundreds on the app store this year that this game is right up there in my top three. It is incredibly addicting - the perfect "one more go" formula and already shaping up to be a classic.

JCat: Love this game. Polished, addictive, easy to pick up and play, and rewarding sound effects.

loves2spoon: Loving this game! More fun than Geo Spark.

ExileClub: This is the One game i will never delete from my iPhone. I am an expert player, but I still discover new tricks each time I play. Pure genius, this game.

CzarCastic: This game is genius! Very fun. I bought it based on recommendations here and I'm definitely not disappointed.

Touchgamer3g: This definitely ranks very high among my favorite pick up and play games!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Also available for the iPad
03-19-2010, 03:34 PM
San Jose - March 19, 2010

Software Beyond Limits, an established independent iPhone game development studio behind the hit game Shape Sifter, today announced the available of their latest addictive game, CHAIN LINK PRO, to the iTunes App Store for an amazing price of $.99 (USD).

With no complex controls to learn or buttons to press, CHAIN LINK PRO only requires one finger to play. Touch and drag an assortment of shapes across the screen to chain them with other similar shapes and send them into the pulsating vortex to score. The longer the chain the more points awarded but long chains risk colliding with foreign shapes, destroying the chain and potentially ending the game. Luckily there are 12 power-ups your chain can collect on contact to ensure survivability and maximize points, ranging from miniature chains to multi-colored chains to metamorphosis to chain invincibility. Completing in-game missions are rewarded with bonus points and earn your way towards unlocking the most powerful power-ups. With three unique game modes, CHAIN LINK PRO offers three different gaming experiences with hours of enjoyment for one low price!

CHAIN LINK PRO includes an incredibly rich online experience for your competitive nature that is above and beyond what most mobile games offer today. Taking full advantage of the OpenFeint online network, you can send challenges to your friends to beat your high score. Challenges can use push notifications to appear on your friend's device instantly and winning results can be sent to facebook and twitter to gloat to your friends. Another great feature while playing are instant notices when your current score beats a worldwide top score which can also be sent to facebook and twitter with one click. CHAIN LINK PRO also includes over 40 online Leader Boards and over 30 online achievements.

Check out these other amazing features:

• Timed game mode - Race against the clock to earn enough points to add additional play time. Collisions subtract points but don't end the game. Includes a bonus level where you only have 200 seconds to score as high as possible.

• Arcade game mode - Shapes fly across the screen and any collision will end the game. Offers leisurely play with no time limits.

• Static game mode - Shapes are created on a static grid and don't move. Clear the screen by chaining around the maze of other colorful shapes without getting too close. This mode gives the player three lives so one mistake won't end the game.

• Chain Link Pro offers easy, medium and hard degrees of difficulty. A special hardcore mode is offered for players who have mastered the art of chaining.

• Earn the Speedster, Repeater or Traveler score multipliers to push your score over the top by triggering special chaining conditions that you'll discover as you play.

• A rich 3D sound experience when using headphones.

• High production value with beautiful graphics, advanced particle effects and fluid chain movement.

• Optimized for performance to run smoothly on both older and newer devices.

• Designed exclusively to take advantage of touch screen devices so controlling the game feels natural.

• Rock out to your own music from your media library as you play.

• Save and restore your game at any time.

SoftwareBeyondLimits@gmail.com

Chain Link Pro 2 High adrenaline touch and drag action game.
iTunes link

Last edited by Vexorg; 03-19-2010 at 06:06 PM.

03-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Amazing game. Very polished with great touch controls.
03-19-2010, 03:48 PM
I definitely like the look of this game. I was a big fan of GeoSpark, but I didn't hook onto it for long, I think because it was rather slow-paced. This looks much faster-paced, and maybe a bit more fun, who knows

Would that be an appropriate description though?
03-19-2010, 03:52 PM
This looks fun. It reminds me of another game. Was it Monkeys in Space ? I am not sure of the name.
03-19-2010, 03:53 PM
finally out! i cant wait til i get it!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
03-19-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterChief3624 View Post
I definitely like the look of this game. I was a big fan of GeoSpark, but I didn't hook onto it for long, I think because it was rather slow-paced. This looks much faster-paced, and maybe a bit more fun, who knows

Would that be an appropriate description though?
Yep, GeoSpark is the closest way to describe it if you're trying to describe this game to someone who has played GeoSpark before. But it also contains so much more so even if you never liked GeoSpark then you should still give this game a try. There are many modes to this game so some play slow and other fast, so you get both a slower paced and faster paced version of GeoSpark.

iTunes link
03-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexorg View Post
Yep, GeoSpark is the closest way to describe it if you're trying to describe this game to someone who has played GeoSpark before. But it also contains so much more so even if you never liked GeoSpark then you should still give this game a try. There are many modes to this game so some play slow and other fast, so you get both a slower paced and faster paced version of GeoSpark.
As I stated in the upcoming this game can be seen as taking elements of Shape Sifter (well, duh, it's the same dev), GeoSpark, and Monkeys in Space...but even then that is only a rough approximation as the concept of Quests and some of the Power-Ups are all new twists not seen in any of the previously mentioned titles.

Oh, and with the recent inclusion of the Static Mode it almost feels like you're playing the old Milton Bradley boardgame Operation (better keep that tail under wraps and insure if doesn't bump any of the crowded field of static shapes).

Oh, and Vexorg, that is an IMPRESSIVE opening collage screenshot!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-19-2010, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Oh, and with the recent inclusion of the Static Mode it almost feels like you're playing the old Milton Bradley boardgame Operation (better keep that tail under wraps and insure if doesn't bump any of the crowded field of static shapes).
Great observation LordGek. I based Static Mode on my old memories of playing Operation as a kid and the touch display on the iPhone and iPod touch finally brings that kind of fun to a mobile device! Don't get buzzed!

iTunes link
03-20-2010, 02:27 PM
Anyone willing to share their game impressions with the touch arcade community? Here's an interesting tip when playing the game. Don't wash your hands! Sounds silly but your finger doesn't glide across the screen smoothly after you washed away the natural oil on your skin.

And no, this is not a recommendation to dip your finger in oil before playing!

iTunes link