★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: BE WARNED:

BRAIN ACCELERATING GAME

EXTREMELY ENJOYABLE

INSANELY ADDICTIVE FUN

New Time Attack mode now available!
03-20-2010, 10:08 AM
So those with the original App have to pay another 2.99$ for a new game mode in a completely different app? No thanks

OF = Heffdog116
Plus+ = Heffman21 Add me
GameCenter = JerryIsAlive

03-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Now Swapper Time Attack in special spring price only 0.99$!

You tube link:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by DaveMc99; 03-26-2010 at 10:25 AM.
03-31-2010, 08:41 AM
03-31-2010, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heffdog116 View Post
So those with the original App have to pay another 2.99$ for a new game mode in a completely different app? No thanks
Did you play the original? Did it have a score or just levels to be completed?

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
03-31-2010, 02:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Did you play the original?
Ja.

Quote:
Did it have a score
No online scores, just local highest scores as far as I remember.

Quote:
or just levels to be completed?
I got stuck @ level normal 12 or so when the ball starts to travel only three times. But I don't complain. There was a "Time Attack" level in the original version but I couldn't unlock it. So I "missed" more than half of the levels (maybe I'll try later again).

Had hours of fun with it. Bought "Swapper Time Attack" right now and will let you know details later… On a first glance: New music (same as in video), new outlined graphics at the splash screen.

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)
03-31-2010, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
Ja.

No online scores, just local highest scores as far as I remember.

I got stuck @ level normal 12 or so when the ball starts to travel only three times. But I don't complain. There was a "Time Attack" level in the original version but I couldn't unlock it. So I "missed" more than half of the levels (maybe I'll try later again).

Had hours of fun with it. Bought "Swapper Time Attack" right now and will let you know details later On a first glance: New music (same as in video), new outlined graphics at the splash screen.
Being a freak...and partially by accident, I got both the original and the Time Attack versions and think I'd even prefer the original IF it recorded your best level scores which I don't think it does currently. Sure, you'll see your level score and your cumulative level score in your current game, but once you stop continuing the score doesn't appear to be recorded anywhere nor is there any way I could see to see your best individual level scores (please let me know if I'm missing something obvious here).

My iTunes Reviews
03-31-2010, 04:26 PM
Game Impressions

That's a bit confusing.

I started a game of new "Swapper Time Attack". There are no more options "Play Level" easy/normal/hard but only "Start Game". Then some in-gameplay-tutorial appears. I made through it and stopped (made a mistake) at 1,456 points (after 24 minutes). It was recorded in OpenFeint and showed up under "Easy" there. (But where is "Normal" and "Hard" to choose in the game?)

Now I did a second try and made deliberately a break @ 4,536 after approx. 45 minutes. I hope I can "Continue" later.

Whoops. iPhone switched OFF during typing this (SwapperTA was on hold) because it run out of energy. There was the 20% warning and I plugged USB during gameplay but the other end of the cable was NOT in the charger.

Fired up SwapperTA, there is a "Continue" option. But let's have a look at "Highscores" first. Still #25/1,456 "Easy". "Not ranked" under "Normal" and "Hard". "High Scores" opens OpenFeint "Easy" scores, "OpenFeint" option opens OpenFeint main page with the large "Leaderboards", "Forums" etc. icons.

"Continue" worked fine, started at 4,536. It seems that you have to finish (lose) a game first before getting registered with the score and ranked.

It's the same game (same sounds, same graphics except static splash screen, same gameplay) like "Swapper The Rolling Ball Machine" but getting slowly and continuously harder by the time. No more single levels. I switched off music soon because it's too repetitive.

Edit: Looked at the original "Swapper TRBM" and LordGek is right: There are no scores at all, only level unlock.

Last edited by Habakuk; 03-31-2010 at 04:35 PM.
03-31-2010, 04:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habakuk View Post
That's a bit confusing.

I started a game of new "Swapper Time Attack". There are no more options easy/normal/hard but only "Start Game". Then some in-gameplay-tutorial appears. I made through it and stopped (made a mistake) at 1,456 points (after 24 minutes). It was recorded in OpenFeint and showed up under "Easy" there. (But where is "Normal" and "Hard" to choose in the game?)

Now I did a second try and made deliberately a break @ 4,536 after approx. 45 minutes. I hope I can "Continue" later.

Whoops. iPhone switched OFF during typing this (SwapperTA was on hold) because it run out of energy. There was the 20% warning and I plugged USB during gameplay but the other end of the cable was NOT in the charger.

Fired up SwapperTA, there is a "Continue" option. But let's have a look at "Highscores" first. Still #25/1,456 "Easy". "Not ranked" under "Normal" and "Hard". "High Scores" opens OpenFeint "Easy" scores, "OpenFeint" option opens OpenFeint main page with the large "Leaderboards", "Forums" etc. icons.

"Continue" worked fine, started at 4,536. It seems that you have to finish (lose) a game first before getting registered with the score and ranked.

It's the same game (same sounds, same graphics, same gameplay) like "Swapper The Rolling Ball Machine" but getting slowly and continuously harder by the time. No more single levels. I switched off music soon because it's too repetitive.
Right, I'm not getting the "Time Attack" aspect, just that it is one continuous deal, not broken into levels (actually, to be even further confusing, I think you are progressing through levels which probably brings on more good/bad power-ups and colors, but there are no longer any distinct level breaks). Then, once you fail, it is back to square one.

You set your difficulty level in options. Once set it will assume you wish to play all games at that difficulty.

My iTunes Reviews
03-31-2010, 04:53 PM
And the game becomes continuously faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
You set your difficulty level in options. Once set it will assume you wish to play all games at that difficulty.
Thanks. I should have known that because it's the same in original STBRM (but it's some weeks or months since I played it). Swapper Time Attack: On "Easy" the ball travels five times over the line, "Normal" four times and "Hard" three times.