★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Reed Olsen
  • Genre: Kids
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 7.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Thanks for all the fans! Because of your support, this version of Hippo Blast will remain Free!

Prepare to take flight! Hippo Blast is the latest craze to hit the App Store. Fire the Hippo from a cannon and see how far he can fly. Get to greater heights by throwing balls at the hippo, or by jumping off of jungle creatures.

FEATURES:
Global Leaderboards
75 Achievements
Cannon and weapon upgrades
Open Feint integration
Facebook integration
Great updates coming soon!

Listen to your own music! Start your iPod before opening Hippo Blast.

First update submitted and is awaiting approval! Still to come: Rocketpack, accelerometer tilt control, new levels and baddies, and more!

Know what could make Hippo Blast even better? Then tell us! Follow us on twitter (hippoblast), find us on Facebook, or email us at support@hippoblast.com Your feedback is what makes our games awesome!

What the fans are saying:

"Omg I love this game! It's so addicting and so much fun I can't stop playing!"

"This is a great game. I can't believe it's free, I've spent money on stuff that's not half this good."

"Who knew blasting a hippo from a cannon could be so fun?"

"I have gotten nothing done due to this addictive game!! The devs are apparently mind control masters trying to build a cult of hippo blasting worshipers...and they are succeeding. They must be stopped!"
03-20-2010, 06:55 AM
Very fun game! I like how there are sooo many OF acheivements. I would like to see more upgrades in the shop in future updates. Hippo Blast is definitely worth a look if you like these kind of cannon flight games.

03-20-2010, 08:08 AM
Now free for a limited time.
03-20-2010, 08:30 AM
Wow....is this game worth the original price of $3? (understand its free, now)
03-20-2010, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Wow....is this game worth the original price of $3? (understand its free, now)
I wouldn't say $3, but maybe $1.99 or 99 cents. It's a literal steal though being free!
03-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Awesome! this looks so much like my favorite game Turtle Toss!

[ERROR<:>/ insert witty saying here/>]
04-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Version 1.1 is out:
What's new

First off, thanks to all of our awesome fans for making Hippo Blast one of the top free games in the App Store! Keep playing and we'll keep the updates coming!

We've listened to our fans, and have made some small changes to make Hippo Blasting even more fun:

Minor bug fixes
New ball-throwing action
Improved Game Over screen
New Achievement
Tighter, better physics
New leaderboards!
Greatest Height
Most Cash
Most Baddies Hit

Thanks to Jai for pointing out a bug with some of the achievements -- we've fixed them.

We've got more coming down the pipeline, so stay tuned and keep blasting!

On deck for the next update: Invincibility and Extra Life power-ups.
05-08-2010, 11:34 AM
I think this app is great. Go as far as you can, flying and bouncing along the way. There's a small element of strategy in where you prod the hippo along shooting balls at it. The rest of the journey involves a fair amount of luck. My one complaint about this app is that as you upgrade your cannon and your balls, you spend more and more time flying through deep space (off the screen with just an arrow and a distance indicator). The app is still tracking the hippos path and you can still collect items as it flys there. I would really like to be able to see the hippo -- it can be minutes before you see it, only to have it briefly drop out of space before getting shot back up again and off your field of view for another minute or two.

Otherwise, great app and quite addictive.