★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Warelex
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 13.7 MB
  • Version: 2.1.4
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: This game has been created by stunt pilot and (in spare time) great iPhone developer. Flight in the game come as close as possible to flying the real planes. Every plane in Sky Racer comes with its unique realistic take off, landing and flight parameters.

Feel the adrenaline of a stunt pilot while staying safe with your phone in hand.

Sky Racer brings you an unparalleled level of 3D graphics realism against the backdrop of breath-taking scenery.

Experience the wide selection of routes filled with crazy stunts, as well as a range of planes from the single engine Cessna to a military jet. You can also choose the time of day and weather conditions for your flight. We calculate actual aerodynamics, weather conditions, we even take into account the actual aerodynamic and engine characteristics of real planes.

This game is not only about flying through hoops; feel free to leave the course and explore the great mountains and flowing river valleys around the massive virtual world.

Tilt the device to control pitch and roll.
Touch/drag the very left side of the screen to use the throttle control.
Touch the top of the screen to use the autopilot, flaps, and brake controls.
Fly through the hoops, or explore the world, your choice.
03-20-2010, 01:55 AM
Sceenshot 2 and 5 are really jaw dropping. Beautiful sunset on the water.

Funny Videos! My Youtube Channel
Check it out!
Proud Beta Tester of- The Infinity Project and Mission Europa
Fav. Games on PS3- Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, Portal, HalfLife2, Uncharted 2

03-20-2010, 02:03 AM
I agree Hitch, they've stepped up their dev game since the first one ( which I enjoyed ). Warelex are quite knowledgeable in their field: aeronautics, and approachable as designers. I'll pick this up as soon as another spot becomes available on my device.

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon
03-20-2010, 02:24 AM
Nice water for an iphone game =)
03-20-2010, 06:12 AM
03-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Anyone willing to TOFTT? How are the controls? Is there a game here or enough to motivate playing for a while?

EDIT: Never mind. Read the description again and is sounds like loads of content in a <10 meg download. Downloading now :-)

Last edited by GregB; 03-20-2010 at 09:47 AM.
03-20-2010, 10:05 AM
This looks pretty good. I love flying, and I wish there were more flight sim type games for the iPhone. I'll give this a try.
03-20-2010, 11:06 AM
May have found a bug. I can't get the third gate on the second course to register when I fly through it.

Quick first impressions: Very good game! Controls are spot on, levels load in a blink, view options are just right. I am enjoying this! With auto pilot and auto level options, good instructions, and a video tutorial this is very polished.

Not sure if it has online leaderboards.

EDIT: Nevermind. Got the third gate. It seems harder than the other gates though. Also landed the plane on the Bank track!

Last edited by GregB; 03-20-2010 at 12:00 PM.
03-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Whats the difference between this and the first one? Is it just new locations?