★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: PercyPea LTD
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.6 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Fidi is an amazingly fresh take on the classic Snake game.

To control the Fidi you use the accelerometer, you can either tilt or spin your device, taking advantage of your iPhone/iPod's unique abilities.

The aim of the game is to get the highest score possible which can be submitted to the worldwide leaderboards utilising the OpenFeint system. Fidi also takes advantage of the OpenFeint achievement system.

You need to collect the blue squares to make your Fidi grow which in turn gives you points. The red circles will kill you if they hit the Fidis head so you need to avoid these at all costs.

Looping around the red circles will cause them to be destroyed, whilst giving you bonus points for each one killed; the more you kill at once the higher the bonus. When you loop you need to hit the Fidis tail to make a complete loop, any parts of the Fidi that are not part of the loop will be cut off and turn back into the blue squares.

happyjimbo's comments:
Hey guys,

Our app has just been approved on the appstore, it's called Fidi and designed around using the full rotation of the iPhone/iPad Touch device. Took just over 4 weeks being mostly a 1 man project and uses Cocos2d Uses OpenFeint too, with achievements and leaderboards.

Here's some promo codes, would be great if you could leave some feedback too (let others know if you use them):

Will be great to hear opinions, thanks!
03-20-2010, 10:21 AM
Used EPTRTYYH3XEN. First 2 are gone too.

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL

03-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Sorry I didn't reply sooner. It's kind of hard on my iTouch. Got the first one NHT633X3FRTY. Thanks!
03-20-2010, 10:39 AM
The promo codes were all used so I bought it.

Really fun game! music is cool too.
03-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Edit: Nevermind.
03-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Thanks bcarbone, glad you're enjoying it
03-20-2010, 12:13 PM
Ok, I think I played enough now that I can give some suggestions.

The edges of the large tile you move around on are very hard to see. They should be darker.

Well that's all I got for now. Hope it somewhat helps.

03-20-2010, 12:33 PM
Hmm I like the how the edges are light. It helps the game board blend in and if you are paying attention you can tell the differences with the grid.

I like this game. It's fun. The controls started off a little weird but now they seem better. It just seems like if you are moving along the edge and a dot comes towards you, you're pretty much dead. I guess that's a good thing though because it keeps you from lurking the edges. Maybe put in a calibrate button because if I play with the device lying down the triangle worm thing just goes crazy.
03-20-2010, 03:07 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys it's great to hear that you're enjoying it!

I did play with having darker sides but as laladanger says I felt it blended in a bit nicer.

If you're going along the side and a red circle comes strait towards you just flip the phone upside down and you'll live but you will loose your tail

Yes having the device too flat does cause the controls to go a bit manic and is certainly something that needs to be looked into for the update, it's the main reason why I put in the tutorial page with the image to show someone holding the iPhone up as it should be played
03-20-2010, 03:58 PM
This game is actually pretty compelling once you get into the meat of it... the problem is that it's both very unforgiving, and it takes a while to heat up. I think it would be much more enjoyable if you tweaked the collision detection down a little bit, so that you could slide past the circles to an extent. There have been numerous times when I was yelling at my iPhone because I just barely brushed a circle while trying to form a loop.

The other thing you might want to consider is having the "snake" start out a bit longer, as it is you need to collect at least 15 or 20 squares before you can even think about corralling the circles. Have it start at twice its current starting length and you'll be able to get into the real action much more quickly.