★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** Featured in the App Store's "What's Hot" and "New and Noteworthy" sections ***

Dodge falling sea life and accumulate mega-points in this wacky avoider game that is even more ridiculous than it sounds. Featuring tilt controls, rumble effects (iPhone only), and highscore leaderboards for competing globally or against your Facebook friends.

This is a mobile version of the Flash game we released in 2007. Tilt your device to control the direction of your player. Avoid the falling sea life while trying to collect stars for extra points, grenades to clear some space (tap anywhere to set one off), super shoes for extra speed, force field bubbles for extra protection, and even an uzi to let off some steam on those bouncing blubberous mammals.

You can gain an extra 500 points for each grenade you collect past your maximum of 5, and another 500 points for picking up a shield while you've already got one active. You'll also be rewarded with a sweet 250 points for each animal you eliminate with the uzi, grenade, or shield. And please don't feel bad, these are not endangered species after all. Oh wait...

Littlegrey Media's comments:

Hey everyone, we're the guys that made Vector Runner, which got some really great feedback through the forums here. Our latest game, Oh, the Huge Manatee! came out a couple of days ago and we'd love to hear what you think!

*** UPDATE! *** Manatee is currently being featured in iTunes "New and Noteworthy" games section. To celebrate we're giving away some promo codes. If you use one, please reply to the thread and say which one you took so I can keep the list up to date (and if you encounter one that has been used but no one claimed, please let me know).

If you like the game and use a code, please leave a rating, and even better - write a review!

A946HRXYPFFH
JMAE94JT6HEW
9JEK9LWE6LHR
HX93KRYMXTMY
NFH6RAA43AXK

These have all been taken. If you want a code, leave a reply and I'll PM a new one to you. We're still giving away lots more!
03-20-2010, 11:54 AM
Send a message via AIM to skamando
This is a solid "Falling Balls" style dodgem game, with pickups and powerups. Hilarious concept of dodging sea creatures falling from the sky, and being hit by one of these creatures is even funnier. It's pretty addicting, but I think the visuals could do with some polish. I like the simple line drawn look, but I don't think it's very well executed here. Nonetheless, this is a very fun and funny game, definitely worth a buck.

Faves: Saucelifter, Westbang, Eliss, Edge, Tilt to Live, Mindwall, Radial 50, Super Quick Hook, Sword of Fargoal, Carcassone, Trainyard.
Playing: Super Mega Worm, Aqueduct, Monster Dash, FASTAR!, Shining Force, Frogatto, The Incident, Dark Nebula Ep. 2.

03-24-2010, 03:09 PM
I am pretty addicted to this game. It's actually worrisome.

Simple yet superfun. Though it's become a cliche to characterize games as 'just-one-more-try', this definitely fits the bill.
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Missed this thread the first time. Love the name!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
03-24-2010, 03:30 PM
Keep meaning to post some comments as well, but I gotta agree. This is a really nice "pick-up-and-play" game.

-fun and easy to play...tilt to move, tap to use a grenade to kill everything on screen
-each time you play it's random so the game stays fresh every time
-global leaderboards so you can see how you measure up
-cute, simple doodle graphics
-the "Oh, the huge manatee"/"Oh, the humanity" play on words makes me smile every time I see it

(posting comments to itunes as well)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
03-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
Keep meaning to post some comments as well, but I gotta agree. This is a really nice "pick-up-and-play" game.

-fun and easy to play...tilt to move, tap to use a grenade to kill everything on screen
-each time you play it's random so the game stays fresh every time
-global leaderboards so you can see how you measure up
-cute, simple doodle graphics
-the "Oh, the huge manatee"/"Oh, the humanity" play on words makes me smile every time I see it

(posting comments to itunes as well)
It hurts my brain!

I just thought the statement was supposed to be a painful non-sequitur until I actually HEARD it in the game and nearly gagged on my own vomit!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
05-05-2010, 02:44 PM
*bump*

We're giving away some promo codes! There's some listed in the first post of this thread. Enjoy
05-05-2010, 02:55 PM
I used 9JEK9LWE6LHR. Thanks.

My reviewer name is "Wawd Buhton".
05-05-2010, 02:57 PM
They have all been used already

I would like to request one please

V|I|D|E|O|G|A|M|E|S
My Anti-Drug
05-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Could I get a code please? Manatees > everything else