★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Paladin Studios aims to make iPhone game in two weeks!

03-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to DylanNagel
Paladin Studios aims to make iPhone game in two weeks!

Hey everyone!

I am Dylan, cofounder of Paladin Studios. We're a game developer from The Netherlands, Europe.

We're about to begin one of our biggest challenges yet. We are going to make an iPhone game from start to finish, in just two weeks! Even though our team consists of experienced professionals, the iPhone platform is completely new to us. We’ll be working with Unity, a development tool that allows for great speed. We already used it for making our biggest game yet, EnerCities. But that’s for PC and Mac… the iPhone has rules of its own!

In the upcoming two weeks, we will share as much of the creative process as possible. We’ll be talking about our gameplay ideas. We’ll show concept art and in-game screenshots as we’re making them. We’re inviting you to share your thoughts on everything we do. We hope you’ll help us test a rough version as soon as we release it. And on Friday April 2nd, we’ll be submitting the game to the App Store, no matter what.

Think we’re crazy? Be sure to follow our adventures on our Dev Blog and on Twitter, and of course right here on our favorite iPhone games forum, Touch Arcade. Hopefully you’ll be as excited about this as we are!
03-20-2010, 03:18 PM
Send a message via MSN to rooteboy

03-20-2010, 03:21 PM
no, we dont think you're crazy because devs have made games in 72 hours
still interested though!

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
03-20-2010, 06:23 PM
So this is going to be EnerCities ported to the iPhone?
What you're saying is you're porting a Facebook game to the iPhone?

Or is this a completely different game with new IP?
03-21-2010, 10:01 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to DylanNagel
rooteboy - Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
no, we dont think you're crazy because devs have made games in 72 hours
still interested though!
That sounds awesome! Which games and developers were that then? I'd love to see what came of it. And glad to hear you're still interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iball View Post
So this is going to be EnerCities ported to the iPhone?
What you're saying is you're porting a Facebook game to the iPhone?

Or is this a completely different game with new IP?
No, we're not porting EnerCities to the iPhone. We're going to make a completely new game in two weeks, to get to know the platform. Of course, we have bigger plans as well, but we felt we had to start somewhere.

Only one more day, Monday morning we'll begin production!
03-21-2010, 10:04 AM
the game is called project72

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.
03-21-2010, 11:20 AM
well seeing as how two guys alone have made a game in 24 hours we wouldn't think a trained team of game makers are crazy for trying to make one in two weeks, taking two whole weeks to just make one game sounds a little more lazy than crazy to me
03-21-2010, 12:27 PM
I never understood the appeal of these "we made this game in two days" gimmicks. Do you really think end consumers care about that so as to flock to your game in droves?
03-21-2010, 02:07 PM
I'd say take 4 weeks

Bye,
Emmanuel
Graveyard Dogs Visit our iPhone and Mac gamedev blog !
iSmashem Galactic for iPhone/IPod Touch !
03-21-2010, 05:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arta View Post
I never understood the appeal of these "we made this game in two days" gimmicks. Do you really think end consumers care about that so as to flock to your game in droves?
I tend to agree with this. I mean, what I care about is a great game. If the game takes two weeks or a year, I don't really care as long as the end result is a quality game.

I also think the game is going to be a little on the simple side if the time frame is shorter.