★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: CONTAINS ALL EPISODES: 1 to 8 !

PushPixPull is a brand new puzzle game featuring The Miracleworks' new mascot Pix! Combining unique gameplay ideas and brilliant visuals, PushPixPull is a new experience in puzzle games. Control Pix with the on-screen d-pad to push and pull blocks into position to solve puzzles which range from easy to brain-lancingly challenging across 8 amazing and stylized worlds! Ethereal and ambient music and sharp 3d graphics set the mood for an immersive puzzle experience like no other. Download today and puzzle your way to another world with PushPixPull!

Gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP313e-Xk_s

How to play:
Help Pix in his quest to upgrade his dual analog-tube head to color by pushing and pulling blocks into positions in which they do not repeat in rows, columns, or squares! The game starts out easy, but gets challenging fast as you puzzle your way to new and exciting worlds!

In the works:
- iPad version
- New worlds that explore the ever-evolving story of Pix!
- iPod audio integration
- Achievements

goiMot's comments:

03-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Looks pretty sweet. Anyone give this one a shot yet?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

03-20-2010, 10:30 PM
Thanks Mindfield!

I'm the primary developer of PushPixPull, so I guess it'd be a bit biased to offer my own impression, but as objectively as I can:

Despite having spent months banging away at the code and testing it ad nauseum, I actually still really enjoy playing it. Each of the worlds works great with the music and creates a chill sense of ambiance.

In any case, I hope you have a chance to check it out. I had a blast making it, and I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Last edited by sandworm; 03-20-2010 at 10:36 PM.
03-20-2010, 10:39 PM
If you guys have any questions or comments, I'm more than happy to answer them!
03-20-2010, 10:43 PM
Game Impressions

Hi
I've downloaded this game yesterday and have been playing it for quite a while now.
I have to say that it's pretty addictive. The first levels are pretty easy but after you get to the second world it's getting pretty hard and challenging..
anyway, I really recommend this game if you like puzzle game
03-20-2010, 10:46 PM
It looks like it might be fun, do you have any gameplay videos?

Thanks!
03-20-2010, 10:50 PM
I'll make one now, thanks for the suggestion!
03-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Okay, I've had a chance to play it and I have to say, it wasn't what I was expecting. But in a good way.

Graphically it was of course, that's pretty evident by the screenshots; the graphic design here is brilliant. Smooth polys, no harsh edges, proper lighting, and Pix is cute. I did find it oddly disconcerting that he seems to walk backwards until I realized he literally has eyes in the back of his head. I like that you have a (admittedly very small) assortment of slight changes in face types for Pix. Sound is well done and fitting and the controls work just fine.

What I wasn't expecting was the logic behind the puzzle. By the screenshots I'd assumed you had to drag the blocks to their like-coloured tiles. Instead, it's kind of like Sokoban meets Sudoku; you're presented with an array of coloured blocks with a particular colour scheme in which no two colours are repeated in a row or column, and you have to move the coloured blocks into the gray squares in such a manner as to continue the no-repeat pattern. Scoring is based on the least number of moves it takes you to complete a level. It's a clever little mashup that works well.

I wasn't initially going to TOFTT, as once prices start getting up to $3 and above I start waiting for impressions, as it's not uncommon to come across a game that looks like it has promise, and then blows it in the playthrough due to one or more game-breaking problems, and I was particularly gunshy after TOFTTing the promising but horribly flawed Dungeon & Warrior earlier today. But the screenshots here evinced a degree of quality and polish that showed the kind of particular attention to detail that tells me that the developer really took his time with it to make sure all the boxes were checked, and I'm happy to say they were. It's a clever little puzzle with gorgeous graphic design, effective controls, good sound, and puzzles that get more devious by the level.

Three bucks well spent.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Wow Mindfield, what an awesome review, thanks so much!
03-21-2010, 01:51 AM
Gameplay video!!

Gameplay video is here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kP313e-Xk_s