App description: Castle Fantasy

A masterpiece game that are developed by Croquis Co., LTD, which has much know-how in video game development.
Best side-scrolling action game for iPhone & iPod Touch. "Castle Fantasy"
You will find the game which is the best graphics, sounds and controls in the App Store the games.

Features

Characters with more than 2000 illustrations and 3D backgrounds consists of the engine is optimized for iPhone & iPod Touch with 4 chapters, each consisting of seven stages with each stage consisting of rich content,
rich and magnificent SOUND and action skills with a variety of characters devised for the real taste of authentic feel of the game can be scrolling horizontally.

Control

1. Select NEW GAME, or select CONTINUE GAME if you have played before.

2. Then, choose one of EASY, NORMAL, HARD level. You can only select HARD level after you have completed NORMAL level.

3. When the CONTINUE count gets to 0, the game will be over. So the saved data will be initiated.

Future Update Features
We are updating our game frequently in accordance with requests from users.
1. More intuitive & easier control (Jump, tapping areas, timing and etc.)
2. Sound control options (On/Off the BGM and EFX sound. Volume control)
3. New Very Hard level! You can play the level if you clear Easy, Normal and Hard levels.
Much more monsters & powerful bosses in Very Hard level. And NO Continue allowed.
4. Individual High Score per a level and World Ranking will be provided. Now you can boast of your skill to the users from various countries.
5. 3 New Modes will be added one by one. You will have fun from the rich contents all the time!

Twitter : http://twitter.com/Croquisoft

freedog's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up
03-21-2010, 01:03 AM
This actually looks really good. I'm downloading the lite version now.

03-21-2010, 01:07 AM
Absolutely great artwork!!

GameCenter: rich_952000
Current Favorites:All 3 Air Supply games by Quantum Sheep, Mr. Particle Man, Drift 'n' Drive, Battle Supremacy, Random Heroes 3, Splot, Knituma And loving Beans Quest 2: Bean Dreams
03-21-2010, 01:11 AM
Game Impressions

The controls are a bit stiff and cramped, but the gameplay is solid -- a nice combination of sidescrolling hack-'n-slash and platformer. The graphics are quite decent -- in fact, they very much remind me of Tap-Fu -- and the levels seem sophisticated in design (at least what I've seen so far). Pretty challenging, too. I ended up picking up the full.

Last edited by squarezero; 03-21-2010 at 01:16 AM.
03-21-2010, 01:16 AM
Alright, from the lite version, I have deduced the following:
1) This is one of the best looking 2D platformers I have seen on the ipod
2) The controls need some work

To elaborate; the buttons are on the small side and a bit unresponsive. I fell into literally every pitfall I've encountered so far. Having said that, this still is a really pretty game. I'm talking gorgeous. Everything is perfectly fluid, the framerate is amazing, and the art style is fantastic. Honestly, I'm on the fence here.

EDIT: Scratch #2 off the list; as it turns out, it just took me another minute to get the hang of it. This is a definite buy for any action platforming fan.

Last edited by Batman1v; 03-21-2010 at 01:25 AM.
03-21-2010, 01:19 AM
wow I just played about 15 minutes and this game has the potential to be one of the greatest platformers on the iphone. From what I've played so far... really nice graphics and artwork, fun 2D action gameplay, diverse and plentiful amount of enemies, good sound.

2 things that are bothering me that need to be addressed in an update...

-no checkpoints?
-unresponsive on screen buttons at times (jump and attack)
03-21-2010, 01:21 AM
whats weird is that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the framerate, but at certain sections of a level the controls will feel stuck or unresponsive and then you move forward a bit and they work fine.
03-21-2010, 01:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
whats weird is that there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the framerate, but at certain sections of a level the controls will feel stuck or unresponsive and then you move forward a bit and they work fine.
Agreed. Basically, one update and this could be a phenomenal game.
03-21-2010, 01:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post
Agreed. Basically, one update and this could be a phenomenal game.
I third this sentiment.
03-21-2010, 01:29 AM
I might just go for the full version, I like the boss battles. Wish the dev would stop by here so we could see if there will be an update for the controls.