★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pocket Parrot now available !!!

03-21-2010, 01:44 AM
Send a message via MSN to torquexo
Pocket Parrot now available !!!

Pocket Parrot Lite !!! FREE DOWNLOAD !!!
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pocket-parrot-lite/id363664919?mt=8

It is cute and talkative, and so happy to mimic master’s words. What it knows may be far beyond your imagination. If you like it, then pet it, but please be careful about your little secrets : ) You can decorate its home for it, and training is helpful. iPod touch owner, please check your earphones with a mic before buying. Parrot only mimic your words if you have earphones with mic.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/pocket-parrot/id360917734?mt=8
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU5NDQ3MjY4.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecEj2gHstQY
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	page1.png
Views:	5
Size:	227.6 KB
ID:	15902   Click image for larger version

Name:	page2.png
Views:	2
Size:	164.7 KB
ID:	15903   Click image for larger version

Name:	page3.png
Views:	4
Size:	161.4 KB
ID:	15904  

Click image for larger version

Name:	page4.png
Views:	0
Size:	213.2 KB
ID:	15905   Click image for larger version

Name:	page5.png
Views:	2
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	15906  

forever young~
QQ: 454109
MSN: iamlijianxin@hotmail.com

Last edited by torquexo; 03-25-2010 at 09:11 PM.
03-21-2010, 01:47 AM
congrats on the release! looks like an awesome simulator

Plus+: MiniMe ~ OF: Problem ~ Gameloft: Change ~ AGON: Negamaki

03-21-2010, 01:49 AM
Interesting, and it seems as though alot of work and thought went into this I may check this out soon. Cheers,

Richard

GameCenter: rich_952000
I'm generally active on Twitter concerning all things iOS, PS and Nintendo; Hit me up
@dick_952000 Love TouchArcade? Hit up their Patreon

Last edited by rich_952000; 03-21-2010 at 02:05 AM. Reason: I suppose my iPhone thought it would be funny to replace seems with "Serbs"...not funny!
03-21-2010, 01:49 AM
For a second I thought it would be a pocket god "spin off"
03-21-2010, 02:05 AM
We want to create a lovely parrot, you can put it on the table to accompany you. Welcome to buy it, give us some suggestions, we will make every effort to improve the next version.

forever young~
03-21-2010, 02:18 AM
do you have any videos of pocket parrot?

03-21-2010, 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negamaki View Post
do you have any videos of pocket parrot?
video: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU5NDQ3MjY4.html

forever young~
03-21-2010, 02:43 AM
I downloaded it. Pretty well done app with super crisp graphics.

The first section of the app is called training where there are 2 minigames to play...unicycle and balance beam. The unicycle game uses an on screen wheel to balance the parrot forward or backward, the goal is to make it as far as you can without falling with the distance being recorded. The balance beam uses the accelerometer, just tilt your device left or right to balance and stay on as long as you can. The controls for both games work good. You can unlock things by doing well in the minigames. The animations are great and watching the bird pedaling on the unicycle is funny.

The second part of the app called talking is where you can have the parrot repeat what you're saying. To have the bird mimic your words you tap and hold on its head, wait for the countdownto start (you have about 5-7 seconds to record)...speak and then wait for it to repeat. To have the bird repeat the saying you just tap on its body. The bird also says a few things on its own. You can interact with the environment and do a few other things as well.

So cool app, young kids will dig this especially. Minigames are fun and the parrot is real looking. Also, theres probably still some stuff I haven't seen in the app yet but early impressions are positive.

Suggestions for the app right now...
I would like it if longer messages/sayings could be recorded
03-21-2010, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedog View Post
I downloaded it. Pretty well done app with super crisp graphics.

The first section of the app is called training where there are 2 minigames to play...unicycle and balance beam. The unicycle game uses an on screen wheel to balance the parrot forward or backward, the goal is to make it as far as you can without falling with the distance being recorded. The balance beam uses the accelerometer, just tilt your device left or right to balance and stay on as long as you can. The controls for both games work good. You can unlock things by doing well in the minigames. The animations are great and watching the bird pedaling on the unicycle is funny.

The second part of the app called talking is where you can have the parrot repeat what you're saying. To have the bird mimic your words you tap and hold on its head, wait for the countdownto start (you have about 5-7 seconds to record)...speak and then wait for it to repeat. To have the bird repeat the saying you just tap on its body. The bird also says a few things on its own. You can interact with the environment and do a few other things as well.

So cool app, young kids will dig this especially. Minigames are fun and the parrot is real looking. Also, theres probably still some stuff I haven't seen in the app yet but early impressions are positive.

Suggestions for the app right now...
I would like it if longer messages/sayings could be recorded
Thanks for your suggestions, the record time is 5 secs, I will make it longer.

forever young~
03-21-2010, 02:56 AM
I haven't purchased the app yet but I can offer some suggestions that you may like: have the option for other parrots like African Greys/ be able to record multiple phrases and have the bird repeat them randomly/ more minigames/ toys for the bird to play with.