★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: GW Series - Birthday Bash!

03-21-2010, 04:33 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mobile1up
GW Series - Birthday Bash! (FREE GAMES AND WIN A NEW APPLE IPAD)

FREE GAMES FROM 29 MARCH THROUGH 9 MAY!
http://www.mobile1up.com/gw-birthday/

Mobile 1UP is giving all its iPhone / iPod Touch users a special treat to celebrate the one year birthday of the remakes of the game & watch series of games released on the application store. Over a six week period each game in the series will be available as a free download. By visiting our website on a weekly basis you can own the whole collection free!

As a special bonus - we will give one lucky user (random selection) a brand new Apple iPad! (16Gb WIFI) *

Spread the word about this very unique offer - over the six week period we want to see the games rise up the free application charts all over the world and receive at least one million downloads! We will post the daily download statistics and update our target thermometer.

If we are able to reach the one million downloads mark - Mobile 1UP will also donate $1,000 USD to a charity of your choice! If you have charity in mind - send us a message and we'll choose the most popular charity mentioned! Grab a copy and help us reach the target! The games will be 100% free - no nags, no advertising!

Mobile 1UP is running this campaign to give back to the community and raise awareness of its games within the iPhone / iPod touch market. It also co-incides with a major update to the games including support for a more retro feel and boasting your scores on facebook. Thank you for making the iPhone / iPod Touch platform an excellent place for indie developers!

* No purchase is necessary - to enter a valid UDID and email address must be provided and a high score must be submitted to Mobile1UP. Worldwide applicants permitted - only one entry per device will be considered for the random draw. Mobile 1UP will cover the costs of the device, any applicable sales taxes and shipping costs to the winner - however customs charges will be the responsibility of the winner on arrival (if applicable). Mobile 1UP will use the contact information provided for informing contestents of the competition results only.

Happy Birthday to the GW Series!

// Aaron Ardiri
Mobile 1UP is a proud indie developer - support us!
developer of Caveman / Caveman HD and GW Series

Last edited by mobile1up; 03-24-2010 at 02:10 PM. Reason: UPDATE - ADDED IPAD INCENTIVE
03-21-2010, 05:01 AM
thats cool!
im not that into retro games, though these look pretty polished!
the only thing that really bothers me is that i'll have to stuff my iPod full of icons, which i'm not that keen on. oh well, maybe ill get the combo if i like them all (or most)

Beta tester of 54 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

Last edited by jak56; 03-21-2010 at 05:03 AM.

03-21-2010, 05:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
thats cool!
we thought so too - question is, can we get the 1,000,000 downloads?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jak56 View Post
im not that into retro games, though these look pretty polished!
the only thing that really bothers me is that i'll have to stuff my iPod full of icons, which i'm not that keen on. oh well, maybe ill get the combo if i like them all (or most)
thats why we have a bundle - we hope to make some sales to cover the $1,000 USD bounty for the charity; but at 4.99 USD - the bundle offers a great price for the complete series.

// Aaron Ardiri
03-24-2010, 02:13 PM
Win a new apple ipad

i got some ideas from fellow friends and to sweeten this deal; Mobile 1UP will buy a new 16GB WIFI Apple iPad and randomly give it to someone that submits a high score and registers on the website for entry into the drawing!

// Aaron Ardiri
03-24-2010, 03:56 PM
Cool idea for a contest, I just entered on your site. I'm a huge fan of G&W from when I was a kid, and I'm lucky enough to have purchased all of the original GW games you made before the big N made you pull them. I still play them on a regular basis, too. I appreciate the fact that you guys didn't let that get you down, and instead remade the games and released them as they are now. I don't have any of these updated versions yet, so I'll be following along and grabbing them as they become free. And it would be sweet to win an iPad too Thanks for the contest.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
03-24-2010, 04:13 PM
Totally awesome - I think you guys did a great job with the GW series!

Signed up for the contest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
03-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Totally awesome - I think you guys did a great job with the GW series! Signed up for the contest.
we are just about ready to upload the updates specifically for this campaign - we have added facebook integration, LCD shadows (more retro) and a game over screen just need to finish up the bundle and we will be ready to go! we are hoping to have a HUGE turn out for this - we will try to spread the word as we get closer to the first free game - but feel free to also let others know! if we get the target, we'll also donate to a charity of users choice! just remember the rules of the ipad giveaway! you will need to ensure you download at least one of the games during the period and submit a high score to be considered for the drawing! here are the terms and conditions! we just need to have at least one score submitted.

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
No purchase is necessary - to enter a valid UDID and email address must be provided and a high score must be submitted to Mobile1UP. Worldwide applicants permitted - only one entry per device will be considered for the random draw. Mobile 1UP will cover the costs of the device, any applicable sales taxes and shipping costs to the winner - however customs charges will be the responsibility of the winner on arrival (if applicable). Mobile 1UP will use the contact information provided for informing contestents of the competition results only. The winner will be selected and contacted on 15 May 2010 23:59 CET. If Mobile 1UP is not able to establish contact with the winner within seven (7) days, another winner will be chosen!

// Aaron Ardiri
03-27-2010, 07:24 PM

we started a day early enjoy! GW LAB will be available for free during the next week. be sure to grab it and enter into the competition for your chance to win an 16GB WIFI iPad (random winner) from Mobile 1UP!