★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

How long in submission lately?

03-21-2010, 06:31 PM
How long in submission lately?

I know there was a super-long thread about this topic ages ago, but digging thru the archives yields no results for me. Is there anyone who has submitted anything to Apple lately who can give me some idea what to expect? Is it days to turnaround, a week, several, etc?

It looks like we are on track to submit Tuesday night and I'd like to promote the game at PAX in Boston next weekend, but I will feel rather foolish if I am trying to sell people a game which isn't available for purchase yet. Thanks for your help!
03-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post
I know there was a super-long thread about this topic ages ago, but digging thru the archives yields no results for me. Is there anyone who has submitted anything to Apple lately who can give me some idea what to expect? Is it days to turnaround, a week, several, etc?

It looks like we are on track to submit Tuesday night and I'd like to promote the game at PAX in Boston next weekend, but I will feel rather foolish if I am trying to sell people a game which isn't available for purchase yet. Thanks for your help!
Promote the game anyway. Pre-release promotion is one of the most important parts of the release that is overlooked. Make sure you have a business card that directs to info about the game (a blog, site, press-release, whatever).

It is unlikely that your game will be approved in less than a week, so don't count on it. Don't sit on your ass either, be proactive during this crucial time.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone

03-21-2010, 06:59 PM
Have apple release on a certain day to build countdown hype. Aldo, what is the name of your game? I would like to keep an eye out to see if I am interested.
03-22-2010, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by headcaseGames View Post

It seems like it's been quick for some people lately.

http://www.iphonedevsdk.com/forum/ip...hread-134.html

Go to where the basketball court and arcade go 1 on 1 with Hoops Madness!
03-22-2010, 01:32 PM
I had 3 apps approved on this past Friday. Two had been submitted early that same morning, one a few days before. A fourth update was submitted early Friday is is still in review.

At current rates, expect approval time between 0 and 3 days.
03-22-2010, 01:37 PM
I submitted my second app late last night (1 am) and this morning I discover that the boss has not submitted the bank info! The first app was a free game app, so that info was not needed. This one is a personal project and is 99, so if he doesn't get that info quick (and he's really busy today), I'm afraid it will go into limbo. Grrrrr.
03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroffolino View Post
I had 3 apps approved on this past Friday. Two had been submitted early that same morning, one a few days before. A fourth update was submitted early Friday is is still in review.

At current rates, expect approval time between 0 and 3 days.
Updates are usually faster than a new submission. If you have a new submission, I don't think it is normally approved in less than a week.

A ragdoll physics platformer:Flickitty
The artist: randall schleufer
Twitter: @FlickittyiPhone
03-22-2010, 04:27 PM
Your mileage may vary, but I haven't seen any difference in approval times between new or updated apps.

Some examples:

Kung Fu Challenge, a new app, got approved in less than four hours.

The first release of Pocket Boxing Lite was submitted to Apple a full day after a minor update to the full version to Pocket Boxing, yet the new lite App got approved almost immediately, while the Pocket Boxing full update lingered in "waiting for review" status over a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flickitty View Post
Updates are usually faster than a new submission. If you have a new submission, I don't think it is normally approved in less than a week.
03-24-2010, 05:27 PM
thanks Mondae. our game is called 180. i am working on the trailer & website as i type this. hoping to submit tonight (wednesday)

any other recent submission stories out there, devs?
03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Geared v1.2 was approved in about 46 hours.