★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Pong

03-21-2010, 09:23 PM
Pong

Hi! We are from Vertex Games and we would like to introduce one of our new games here. We hope everyone enjoys playing it and any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Before the IPHONE, I liked to place a drop of water on a sheet of baking parchment and try to control its movement. At the time, I did it for no particular reason except to see how many ways there were contorl the water droplet. Now, Iíve put that droplet of water onto my IPHONE and given it some obstacles to overcome and set the movement of the water drop so it must move along straight lines. Come try Pong, the same game with a new way to play.
03-21-2010, 09:56 PM
Having just done a search on the App Store, I feel compelled to say to any future developers: Never, never name your game Pong if you want anyone to be able to find it. There are 180 search results for "pong", at least 60 of which (I stopped counting there) have "pong" in the name, and at least 4 of which are simply named Pong (with or without an exclaimation point).

And I still can't find this one.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-21-2010, 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Having just done a search on the App Store, I feel compelled to say to any future developers: Never, never name your game Pong if you want anyone to be able to find it. There are 180 search results for "pong", at least 60 of which (I stopped counting there) have "pong" in the name, and at least 4 of which are simply named Pong (with or without an exclaimation point).

And I still can't find this one.
search Vertex Games

The Life Blog
Minecraft
03-21-2010, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
search Vertex Games
That is still a bad idea from the marketing point of view. Who remember company names, nowadays?
03-21-2010, 10:17 PM
I'm still not able to find the game.

Maybe you should post a link for us. It sounds interesting.

Bullet Development (twitter) Bullet Skater // Psychedelic

03-21-2010, 10:19 PM
please post a link next time.

arn