★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Brothers in arms controls?

02-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Brothers in arms controls?

What control scheme do you use? I find them to be very difficult. Any tips also?
02-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xgamer1224 View Post
What control scheme do you use? I find them to be very difficult. Any tips also?
i use the default one .. where left is the analog pad for forward/strafin and right finger swipe anywhere ala mouse ...

i find that using finger on the left gives me greater accuracy and thumb to swipe and shoot ... managed to fin all levels at elite mode with this

02-08-2009, 11:27 PM
I also use the default scheme...i use my left thumb for the analog pad, and my right thumb to aim and fire. i find it helps to constantly be rotating your view with your right thumb on the right hand side of the screen, so that you are ready in advance to aim...after a little practice i find this quite comfortable and very playable

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the former." ~ Albert Einstein
02-08-2009, 11:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
I also use the default scheme...i use my left thumb for the analog pad, and my right thumb to aim and fire. i find it helps to constantly be rotating your view with your right thumb on the right hand side of the screen, so that you are ready in advance to aim...after a little practice i find this quite comfortable and very playable
another tip is do not treat yr virtual pad like a real one. i find lightly rubbin the screen to move yr analog pad is most effective and get comfortable with moving forwrad in a straight line ... i think diff ppl has a diff feel for this depenind on yr thumb/finger ... so practice a bit before u head off the more diff missions.

i use the same combo for real soccer and hero sparta as well and both works the same ... aka gameloft 3d games
02-08-2009, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianlow32 View Post
i use the default one .. where left is the analog pad for forward/strafin and right finger swipe anywhere ala mouse ...

i find that using finger on the left gives me greater accuracy and thumb to swipe and shoot ... managed to fin all levels at elite mode with this

OR you can use the dual-analog version, if ur used to PS/2/3 shooting games like me xD
02-09-2009, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch View Post
Agreed.

Playin the quest, or any of the numerous, awesome expansions? Are you stuck? If you need any help, feel free to PM me or email at "my user name" @gmail.com
I'm happy to help -GLLive, Marshall_B I have starfront , add me!
02-09-2009, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSMOkizzle View Post
OR you can use the dual-analog version, if ur used to PS/2/3 shooting games like me xD
I'd do that if it didn't suck...

Check Out Gaming & iPhone Info @
http://megascorcher.net
02-09-2009, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmatt View Post
I'd do that if it didn't suck...
how exactly does it suck?
the dual-analog seemed perfect for shoting {imo} but then again i have massive, nickel-sized thumbs xD

but, to each unto his own, you basically hafta find out which one works the best, or which one sucks the least, however you wuld put it.