★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Westward or Virtual Villagers Poll

View Poll Results: Which one should I buy? Westward or Virtual Villagers
Virtual Villagers 2 8.00%
Westward 23 92.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll
02-09-2009, 01:28 AM
Westward or Virtual Villagers Poll

Which one should I buy?? Please vote thanks!
Westward currently on sale for $2.99
Virtual Villagers is currently $1.99
02-09-2009, 01:53 AM
VV looks to childish for me personally. Westward is more my style.

I am General Zod. Your ruler. Yes, today begins a new order. Your lands, your possessions, your very lives, will gladly be given in tribute to me, General Zod! In return for your obedience you will enjoy my generous protection and you will be allowed to live.

Last edited by BOWB4ZOD; 02-09-2009 at 02:04 AM.
02-09-2009, 01:58 AM
Westward - you are really getting a lot of gameplay for your money right there. Even at its original price ($4.99), this game was more than worth it. Great polish, controls, and various challenges to complete; while you work to please your citizens and manage their surroundings.

It's like SimCity, without the modern technology and more fun.
02-09-2009, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOWB4ZOD View Post
VV looks to childish for me personally. Westward is more my style.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrushMyNoseOff View Post
Westward - you are really getting a lot of gameplay for your money right there. Even at its original price ($4.99), this game was more than worth it. Great polish, controls, and various challenges to complete; while you work to please your citizens and manage their surroundings.

It's like SimCity, without the modern technology and more fun.
thanks for the votes and replies...looks like westward will take this by alot
02-09-2009, 11:25 AM
Not sure if you've actually grabbed a copy of Westward yet or not, but I'd give my +1 in that direction. I haven't played either on the iPhone yet, but I played Westward on the Pocket PC and Virtual Villagers back when it was Village Sim on the Palm (I think it was less cartoony back then), and Westward was much more entertaining.

Eric Pankoke
Mobile Games Reviewer: Rusty Sabre, TouchMyApps
Blog: iPhone Life
Twitter: RustySabre
02-09-2009, 12:18 PM
If VV was the same, full version as the PC, I might say VV. But based on reviews and discussions I've read, a different developer was used for the iPhone version and it seems like a rather stripped down version of the original. I haven't actually played VV on iPhone, but based on what I've read, it did not sound as rich an environment as it could be.