★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Slam! your way through 50+ levels of match-making-mayhem!

Do you have a great memory? Great reflexes? Are you great at recognising matching pairs?

Prove it!

Buy Slam! and match through 10 sets of glyphs, spread across 50 levels of frenzied speed matching mania... but beware, you're not just playing for points, but time too!

If the clock reaches zero, it's game over!

Features ;
2 theme packs of glyphs, containing 10 sets - 60 glyphs in total!
2 themed sets of 25 levels - then into random mode for infinite match-mayhem!
Serene Mode - stops those pesky glyphs from disappearing! Allowing you to take it easy - but you still have to keep that clock ticking!
Multi-touch made good! How many fingers can you fit onto the screen? Grab as many glyphs as you can and Slam away for ultimate highscores!

Coming Soon ;
More themed glyph sets - each providing another 25 levels of challenge!
Facebook highscore support - drive your friends mad by pummeling their highscores!
In-game objectives to complete - more challenges still to come!

Please Note! If you encounter any issues we've not found and fixed already - please contact support@maksw.com and let us know, rather than giving a negative review! Thanks!

pr@maksw.com's comments:
Hi all!

I am the owner and principal developer for Mak Software Studio - I and my good artist friend Pixeldad have laboured to produce Slam! over the past few months, and we'd like to proudly put our debut iPhone title to you to comment on / feedback etc!

Slam! is all about fast reflexes, spotting matching glyphs as fast as possible and slamming them together for points and play time. You also need an awesome memory to make the most of the points on offer, as potential matches don't hang around forever.

Using multi-touch, you can try and match as many glyphs as you can fit your fingers on screen, or dare to control!

I hope you can take a look - it's fast, fun, challenging - and so far has proven to be extremely addictive, even to people who've never used an iPhone or iPod Touch before!

In the mean-time, you can see some screenshots, and a promo trailer on my website here ;

I'm planning a special Lite version soon, and we've got more updates in the works!

03-23-2010, 07:03 AM
Looks like this could be fun. I'll check out the lite version when it's out.
03-23-2010, 10:30 AM
darn i thought it said sam and max. i should stop trying to read small text on a laptop screen or get my eyes checked

genres are not to be seen as forms of textual codifications, but as systems of orientations, expectations and conventions that circulate between industry, text and subject.
03-24-2010, 03:32 AM
Cheers Gabrien!

And sorry nightbeaver Maybe if I could get the license... who knows
03-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Gabrien, your wish is my command... Slam! Lite now available in the App Store, it's got a special glyph set not found in the purchased version - so it's a mini-challenge all on it's own!

03-30-2010, 04:26 AM
Oop! A development "bug" made it into v1.0 Meaning only 1 level was playable!

v1.1 is now in the store, and allows the full first 4 levels to be played - should give a better slice of the action now