★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Dangerous: Null Space

03-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Dangerous (EVE meets X3)

Adding the first trailer for the game:

Youtube link | Pop Up

--
(updated)

Introducing our first title that we've been working on for over 2 years:

Dangerous

A true 3D open-world space combat & trading game. Inspired by games like Elite, Mass Effect, Eve Online, and Monster Hunter.

Features:

-True 3D real-time space combat engine
-Trade commodities and find the best trade routes
-Mine asteroids, comets
-3D environments and animated 3D models
-Over 20 tracks of professionally composed music
-Accurately modeled solar systems
-Radar gives you situational awareness
-Living universe where events happen in real time and you have the choice to intervene or not: Follow that mining ship as it warps to the asteroid belt. Then help it fend off a pirate attack, or destroy them both and collect the loot. Or do nothing and watch what happens. Investigate that distress call, and hope it's not a trap... Or do nothing and someone else might beat you to it.
-Large universe of solar systems connected by stargates
-Persistent storage in space stations: park your ships, stash your loot
-Dynamic quest system so you're not tied to space stations for getting quests
-Ships and equipment are upgradable
-Combat requires in-depth strategies and tactics, not just a simple space shooter mentality
-Collect loot and XP for a true RPG experience
-Skill tree provides different bonuses to fit your play style
-Travel to distant corners of the universe to trade commodities, fight and explore
-Combat AI that evolves over time to adapt to your play style
-Play the way you want: good or evil. Kill the pirates, drug runners, slave traders... or become one.
-Epic quest line with a unique story and different endings based on your choices
-Continue to play in the open universe after beating the main quest line or ignore the main quest line altogether
-Seamless game play: Warp, enter stargates, dock with stations, trade, and undock all without loading screens.
-Buy ships and have them make trade runs while you continue questing

Here's a Youtube video of sample gameplay. It's in an alpha state and not all the art and sound assets are incorporated:

Youtube link | Pop Up

The video shows the player undocking, watching another ship warp off, warping around the solar system, blasting some asteroids for ore, docking, landing planetside and killing various creatures.

Thanks for reading, and let us know what you think! I'll post more videos in the coming weeks.

Linh

Last edited by swiftest; 05-23-2011 at 12:29 PM.
03-23-2010, 08:24 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Jarek Send a message via MSN to Jarek Send a message via Skype™ to Jarek
This game has potential and promises something I have been missing in space shooters!

In my opinion You need to pay closer attention to the interface, camera angle, textures quality and accelerometer controls and it is alpha so I don't want to be all-knowing.

Keep it up and don't forget to update us lively!

"Art does not reproduce, what we see. It rather makes us see"

03-23-2010, 08:26 AM
this looks fantastic. the fact that these types of games are such a rare breed on the app store make this all the more intriguing. its a shame theres a way to go, but it looks like you guys got yourselves a quality product. Keep up the good work, it's coming along really nicely.
03-23-2010, 08:26 AM
Wow. Looking forward to more videos.
03-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Your feature list sounds impressive. Is this going to be a single-player only game or do you have plans for online multiplayer game play?
03-23-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks for the feedback!

@Jarek: We are definitely planning on improving the UI and controls before release including allowing player selection of control formats. It is a challenge to balance the complexity with simple controls on the small touch screen.

@dansu: We are concentrating on making the single player experience the best it can be, then will consider adding in multiplayer in a later update of some sort. Ultimately, I would love to see the core morph into a MMORPG since the game mechanics will make it a fun hybrid AI & human player experience, but that's a ways out.

I've added some screenshots since the video is blurry at times.

Linh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dangerous-undock.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	16021   Click image for larger version

Name:	dangerous-mining.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	16022   Click image for larger version

Name:	dangerous-warp.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	16023  

Click image for larger version

Name:	dangerous-fighter.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	67.0 KB
ID:	16024   Click image for larger version

Name:	dangerous-planetside.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	61.3 KB
ID:	16025  
03-23-2010, 07:50 PM
What sort of gameplay do you plan for the '1st person shooter' part of the game? Is it meant to be mission based?

There are some similarities between your game idea and Star Trek Online, apart from the online bit, of course.
03-23-2010, 08:17 PM
tis game looks good. I like that it is a deep adventure including space travel, ship battle and on land expeditions. Have to keep an eye on this one.
03-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Looks like a winner so far. Graphics are nice and the mix of 3D space combat and over the shoulder 3rd Person sounds awesome. The only thing that needs to tie it all together is sensible controls and an awesome story.

Game Center: B34$T
Proud beta-tester for a bunch of cool games.
Dual-stick shooter fan
03-23-2010, 09:46 PM
this just might be the game i've been waiting for a long time... i saw the stargate reference and freaked add some sg styled characters and some look alike ships (puddle jumper, Daedalus) would love to the warp screen changed a little (look at sgu destiny in ftl). other then that this looks like it on the right track!