★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Xenome, Episode 1: Fully 3D Immersive RPG for iPhone in App Store now

03-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Xenome, Episode 1: Fully 3D Immersive RPG for iPhone in App Store now

Hey, touchArcade!

We at Nine Pound Studios know that we have already had the word spread here for our game, Xenome: Episode 1, (thanks, slighmd!) but we would like to kick the word off, officially, now that we are closer to release, and heading inevitably toward beta testing!

Xenome Episode 1 will be a single player RPG. You are a scientist who wakes up from cryo sleep a few hundred years from now. Earth is pretty messed up after a nuclear event that was intended to wipe out uncontrollable disease. Your memory is foggy - you don't really remember who you are. You soon learn that a lot of people want you - dead or alive. In this hostile paradise you will learn who you are, who the bad guys are (maybe), and why a haz-mat suit is your style of choice.

Our game will be a fully immersive 3D RPG in a huge seamless world. You will be able to walk around for literal miles (in game) without those pesky loading screens. You will explore some pretty cool environments and battle mobs of all forms. Missions, loot, abilities, leveling, exploring.

For more information about the game, and some sweet visuals to do what I just said justice, take a look at our official site: www.xenomeonline.com

Be sure to sign up on our forums while you're there...we're lonely!

Link to slighmd's original thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=46391

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Youtube link | Pop Up

Have fun!

-Nine Pound Studios

p.s. Here's another look at our stalwart protagonist, The Scientist.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScientistDesktop_320x480.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	107.3 KB
ID:	15998  

Last edited by NinePoundStudios; 05-26-2010 at 08:51 AM. Reason: added video
03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Is this out? Is there a link? It looks very, very sweet, like the setting from Fallout 3 meets the gene splicing of Bioshock or Deus Ex. I'm not really interested in the MMO but the stand-alone RPG is quite intriguing.

EDIT: I see the thread had been moved, so I guess the more appropriate question is: When?

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko

03-23-2010, 10:26 AM

I also want to take a second to mention that we, at Nine Pound Studios are getting ready to Beta Test our first game title, Xenome: Episode 1. If you are interested in testing, head on over to our official forums and follow the instructions found in this post:

For more information about Xenome: Episode 1, or Nine Pound Studios, head over to our official websites: www.ninepound.com and www.xenomeonline.com

Last edited by NinePoundStudios; 03-24-2010 at 05:54 PM. Reason: Updated Beta Testing information
03-23-2010, 10:28 AM

We are currently in Alpha, and getting ready for Beta testing within the next week or two.

Things are going pretty well, and we are having fun making the game!

03-23-2010, 10:48 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Jarek Send a message via MSN to Jarek Send a message via Skype™ to Jarek
Application sent, hope to recieve a reply from You soon.

"Art does not reproduce, what we see. It rather makes us see"
03-23-2010, 11:11 AM
@ Jarek

Great! We'll be getting in touch with you within the week.
03-23-2010, 11:14 AM
We will be looking for several people to do some Beta testing for Xenome: Episode I. Beta testers will receive a Beta version of XE1 along with a special certificate that will allow them to run the beta version for a period of 2 weeks. Want to be a Beta Tester? Read on...
so we get to keep the beta? basically no reward. still, looks cool, might apply!

EDIT: phone number? forget it then :-/

Beta tester of 54 games
Originally Posted by crex View Post
Thats a nice lookin gun.

Last edited by jak56; 03-23-2010 at 11:16 AM.
03-23-2010, 11:28 AM
Don't worry about the phone number. That isn't necessary. Removed it from the post.
03-23-2010, 12:12 PM
E-mail sent. Thanks!
03-23-2010, 03:48 PM
...Xenome Episode 1 will be a single player RPG...
wow, a rpg with no D&D style. keep my eye on it for sure.