★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Conquer the army of ball monsters: trolls, mummies, skeletons and many others. Cast the spells to freeze, burn and strike the enemies with meteors!

Enjoy various gameplay in the unique combination of action puzzle and RPG.

- Enormous world to explore (38 game levels different by unique style and difficulty);
- Beautiful graphics and animation;
- Get score points to upgrade your character and learn new spells and abilities (18 upgrades for your battle spells);
- Select the spells and work out your own tactics for each level to defeat the monsters;
- 8 kinds of monsters with unique features;
- Bonus and award system;
- Incredibly engaging gameplay and fun for all the ages.

squarezero's comments:
Bought this based solely on the icon and discovered it's a nifty little game. Couldn't find a thread on it, so here we go. It's a well polished combination of RPG and action puzzle.

03-23-2010, 11:30 AM
I've been looking at this. Not quite sure how its played though. Does look interesting.

Edit: ok....info added. Still......

Anyone play it yet?

Last edited by Coldar; 03-23-2010 at 11:43 AM.

03-23-2010, 11:31 AM
What is the premise or objective?

Edit - sorry now I see the app info!
03-23-2010, 11:40 AM
Game Impressions

You are a spell caster fighting incoming monsters (the funky-looking balls at the top of the screen) at different locations of a world map. To cast spells, you flick an orb from the bottom of the screen to a same-color ball, taking it out as well as any other matching monsters it touches -- similar to a match 3, but with no need to link 3. The catch is that the spells scroll from left to right at the bottom and you can only throw a spell when it's passing between the two golden brackets.

You earn gold with each enemy killed, which you can use to purchase new spells -- some freeze all enemies, others explode them regardless of color. You can also increase the size of the bracket so that you have access to more spells at the same time. I'm only on level 4, but it looks like new enemies are introduced as you go through the game.

The sprites are cool, the animation is smooth, and the whole thing has nice vibrant feel to it, probably because of the bright colors. Nothing earth-shattering, but a small game, nicely done.

From the developer website, it looks like they do games for consoles and the DS.
03-23-2010, 11:45 AM
I really like this game. It is polished and has a nice feel to it and the touch controls are great.

As stated, enemies come down from the top while colored balls scroll from left to right across the bottom of the screen. When they pass through a target area, you can flick them up in any direction to take out the same color enemy. This works really well and is a lot of fun.

I am fairly early in the game but you can level up your attack and there is an overworld map that shows your location.
03-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Thank you very much Squarezero.
Nice feedback/info.

Last edited by Coldar; 03-23-2010 at 11:53 AM. Reason: added word
03-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Good little game having fun with it so far can't help looking at the title screen and thinking of the Terry Pratchett Discworld novels though
03-23-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally Posted by Coldar View Post
Thank you very much Squarezero.
Nice feedback/info.
No problem. I like taking a chance on something and ending up with a cool little game -- it's one of my favorite things about the App Store.
03-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Originally Posted by squarezero View Post

I don't remember how to add the description, so let copy it here:

Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
03-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Originally Posted by Vovin View Post
I'll edit the post... thanks!