★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Weave in and out of traffic at high speeds and hit cars of the proper color. Have fun breaking traffic regulations and following worst driving practices. Hit N'Run pushes the limits of gameplay on a handheld device. Choose your own speed and pace: from comfortable and relaxed to extreme and outright mad.

YouTube Video: http://bit.ly/trailerhnr

Race a sports car in heavy traffic.
Use tilt controls to drive your car and pick up the perks on the road shoulders as you go. Boost your score by hitting cars of selected colors and completing the combo while avoiding damage from touching the wrong cars. It's up to you to hit as many vehicles as possible without crashing your car, and collect extra points by doing cool moves on the way.
With three different game modes, awards for breaking traffic rules and different rewards as you drive, Hit N'Run offers an overwhelming indoor racing fun.

The game features a unique customizable controls system. Both tilt and touch methods of car control are supported. The game adjusts its tilt controls to the position you are in. This means that you can play sitting back in the chair or even lying on your side on the couch.

Customer Ratings

Reviews and Testimonials

The BOMB! simply the bomb! This HitNRun app has got to be one of the best car racing apps In the world! Its like Mario Speed cart but smaller, cheaper, and it lives on your iphone. Normally I am not the best at race car games but I found myself flying down their pretty little highway in no time, swerving at first, to avoid the Mac trucks and Sports cars but after a few minuets i was driving like a pro! This is a great stress release app.

-- Appsafari.com

AGON Online by Aptocore
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
AGON Online is a leading social gaming platform for iPhone and iPod Touch games enabling:

Online leaderboards
Location aware scores
Awards system
Friends lists
Persistent player profile
Facebook and Twitter integration
For more info on AGON Online please visit:
http://agon-online.com

ImNoSuperMan's comments:

03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
For all of you wondering, I beta tested the game and would say it is a much more thought out cube-runner type game, but with much more chaos and fun.

I (as a person, not a sponsor/fanboy), recommend this game, but $2.99 is a little high.

This is a forum dedicated to figure out what is the best way you can give Steve Jobs your money.

03-23-2010, 06:57 PM
Well there's something a little different. A racing action puzzle. And it doesn't look half bad, either. Kudos to the devs for wandering off the beaten path a little and trying something new that actually works.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Like the video a lot, particularly how smoothly the game appears to run. Really tempted to pick this up.
03-23-2010, 07:06 PM
I had a very very small glimmer of hope when I clicked on this thread that it would be The Simpsons Hit N'Run. A fella can dream I guess.

However, it does look like a pretty nice game. I can't help but think that the engine would make an awesome Spy Hunter remake I'd be interested to learn what the game modes are, as it seems like you just endlessly keep going from the video. It's an interesting concept for sure.

Fondle me on Twitter:@JaredTA
03-23-2010, 07:43 PM
Game Impressions

Wow. What a pleasure this game is to play. Smooth as butter, excellent controls, interesting, fresh concept, limitless re-playability.

Honestly, I'm gushing. And I don't gush...much.

Look, from the first few moments of playing, this game just "feels right." It's just an utterly cohesive experience. A believable, intuitive, engaging game-world from the moment you hit your first pot-hole.

I honestly can't recommend this game highly enough. Huge kudos to the developers and I'll be looking forward with anticipation to anything these guys come up with next.

P.S. Don't be put off by the price. I had some niggling doubts myself, but if ever an indie game was worth $3 (and more) this is it.
03-23-2010, 07:56 PM
ok so i saw the title and thought Simpsons hit and run.....and now im sad

ssɐ sıɥ dn ɯǝɥʇ ǝʌoɥs puɐ sƃuıɹ dıɥsuoıdɯɐɥɔ sǝıɹǝs plɹoʍ ㄥᄅ sǝǝʞuɐʎ ǝɥʇ ǝʞɐʇ uɐɔ ıpɹɐɹıƃ ǝoɾ
03-23-2010, 08:30 PM
Game Impressions

The game kicks ass!

A twisted abstract puzzler wrapped in a third person perspective 3D driving game.

If not obvious from the video, the main point of the game is to hit as many correctly color coded cars as possible. When you're purple you need to tag a purple car, if green, you need to hit a green car, and so on. So while you can tag the correct cars for points and absolutely no impact, bumping into the WRONG car at high speed can cause your car serious damage. What's worse is that as soon as you tag that purple car, your car will change to a random color (well actually you can see up top what the next few colors will be, but you get the idea) and you'll need to suddenly look for a red car to hit (with purple and all non-red colors being hazards now). You need to keep focused on your changing target car color or pay the price! Beyond simply trying to tag as many cars as possible, you'll receive a bonus for your top speed and either distance traveled (if plying in Freestyle Mode) or time it took you to complete the course (if playing Sprint Mode). There are also power-ups to help (or maybe hinder) you placed along the shoulder or whenever you hit a rainbow car (counts as a correct color hit). While most are beneficial some are just weird in a fun way. Like one power-up will turn you into a Ghost Car temporarily allowing you to simply bump your targets without fear of hitting any of the wrong cars who you're able to go right through (although it's a little tougher to know your current color).

Good fun! 5/5!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews

Last edited by LordGek; 03-25-2010 at 08:46 AM. Reason: I misunderstood the Ghost Power-up, it is all good.
03-23-2010, 08:39 PM
Glad to hear it's worthwhile. I may have to pick this up. The video pretty much sold me, but impressions never hurt, and I'm always looking for that rare time when I get to play something that's different enough in a way that isn't just a contrived mashup of genres with no clear identity.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
03-23-2010, 08:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfield View Post
Glad to hear it's worthwhile. I may have to pick this up. The video pretty much sold me, but impressions never hurt, and I'm always looking for that rare time when I get to play something that's different enough in a way that isn't just a contrived mashup of genres with no clear identity.
Well if my impressions count for anything, I have to say this game is like the addicting feeling of Doodle Jump, except with cars. I support this game and wish it the best. I AM a beta tester, but some games I've tested I don't like. This one I enjoy due to the simpleness, and the fact I can go into a zen-like gaming mode and relax while playing.